Postdoctoral Research Scholar
140401 - Electrical & Computer Engr.Department:
140401 - Electrical & Computer Engr.Job City & State:
Raleigh, NCEssential Job Duties:
The NSF-funded AERPAW project is seeking to hire a postdoctoral scholar. The hired candidate is expected to work on the following:
1) Conduct research and development in software-defined radios (SDRs) and spectrum monitoring/sharing with vehicular and unmanned aerial systems.
2) Design, develop, integrate, and test opensource software for SDR platforms related to spectrum research and 5G wireless systems.
3) Assist with the development, deployment, and operations of a wireless SDR platform for large-scale outdoor experimentation.
4) Collaborate with global researchers, industry, and open-source R&D communities.
5) Collect, analyze, and interpret data; prepare statistical and narrative reports, graphs, manuscripts; and publish results in academic conferences/journals.
Monday-FridayDepartment Required Skills:
Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate (e.g., M.D., D.V.M., Sc.D.) in appropriate field awarded no more than five (5) years from initial date of postdoctoral appointment.
Must have good oral and written communication skills to collaborate with other faculty as well as graduate/undergraduate students.Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
Strong experience with SDR hardware/software platforms and experimentation are preferred. Strong publication track in wireless spectrum research and a strong track record in wireless spectrum experiments are preferred.Required License or Certification:
n/aValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$52,000 - $60,000Job Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.