Program Coordinator, University College
The University of Denver has the distinction of being the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, giving it a tradition of 150+ years of academic excellence. The University of Denver's college of professional and continuing studies, University College, is a leader in adult education, providing fully accredited and affordable educational experiences specifically designed for busy adults.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting all facets of the planning and coordination of multiple academic and non-credit programs at University College. The Program Coordinator supports Program Directors and Adjunct Faculty. This employee is responsible for areas of instructor support, coordination, and communication, program and operational support, management of course details (e.g. quarterly and multi-term course schedules, faculty scheduling, textbook orders), and implementation of various administrative functions including, but not limited to, internal and external communications, file management, meeting coordination, event planning, project management, and other program-related tasks. The Program Coordinator works closely with other University College teams focusing on, academic quality and Canvas training, course scheduling, and instructor assignment. Additionally, the Program Coordinator works with collaborative, cross-functional teams within University College to support both credit and non-credit academic programs.
Academic Director Support
- Support Academic Program Directors in areas of program management including planning and implementation of current and new program initiatives.
- Support directors and instructors through processes and protocols.
- Answer questions, anticipate problems, provide materials, and refer to appropriate resources when necessary.
- Work closely with Directors, Enrollment Management, and Learning and Design Teams to achieve program enrollment objectives.
Adjunct Faculty Support
- Assist in the recruitment and onboarding processes of the new adjunct faculty.
- Responsible for automation of faculty communication through software programs such as Qualtrics and auto scheduling tools.
- Contact instructors to coordinate and complete information for the quarterly and annual schedules.
- Proactively maintain program data.
- Assist in coordinating the program curriculum ensuring that courses have instructors and appropriate resources for delivery of all course modalities.
- Develop and implement effective and convenient service strategies including, but not limited to, communication to instructors through electronic and analog channels.
- Communicate academic standards, procedures and policies, and other program information to faculty.
- Provide high quality, high touch customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Two years of proven relevant administrative support experience in an office setting within a team atmosphere.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Tableau.
- Two years of relevant administrative experience within a higher education/adult learning setting.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, May 17th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The hourly range for the position is $20.40 - $21.37.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.