Business Coordinator (Journey)
998443Position Classification Title:
Business Services CoordinatorFunctional Title:
Business Coordinator (Journey)Position Type:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The mission of the Center for Youth, Family, and Community Partnerships is to foster community partnerships that bridge research, practice, and policy to advance the health and wellbeing of individuals and families across the lifespan.Position Summary:
Re-Post, Previous Applicants Need Not Re-Apply, Still Under Consideration.
Position is expected to support the research and community partnership endeavors of the Center for Youth, Family, and Community Partnerships (CYFCP). It includes the purchasing and administrative functions for the research activities conducted at the Center. It will work closely with research and programmatic staff to ensure adequate oversight of Center and program-related budgets, travel, purchasing, and other duties as needed. Position is responsible for the administration of the Center and will assist with HR duties needed for the Center to operate such as time entry, and employee personnel actions. The position will work with the unit Office of Research and Engagement to facilitate position development, and hiring coordination of new staff as needed. The position will assist the CYFCP Principal Investigators and Project Managers in the execution and compliance of grant budgets as well as assisting the CYFCP Director with oversight of the Center’s overall operating budget.Minimum Qualifications:
BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION OR A RELATED DISCIPLINE; OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in use of Banner Finance system.
- Work experience with grant- and/or contract-funded projects.
- Work experience in a university research setting.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
$38,962 – $44,784Org #-Department:
Center-Youth-Families & Comm - 11504Work Hours of Position:
M-F 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.Number of Months per Year:
Administrative & ManagerialCareer Banded Title:
Business Services CoordinatorOpen Date:
Non-ExemptSalary Grade Equivalency:
Budget ManagementEssential Tasks:
- Work with PI’s and Project Managers to purchase supplies and services to ensure uninterrupted research and programming using a variety of methods such as p-card purchases and BANFINs.
- Arrange travel accommodations for staff as needed by prepaying registration fees, securing flight and hotel reservations, etc.
- Assist travelers with organizing and assembling necessary documentation after travel is completed for reimbursement and reporting purposes.
- Assist with financial management of a robust grant and contract portfolio.
- Provide purchasing support through qualifying for a departmental P-Card and making purchases, reconciling and coordinating P-Card records to ensure proper use within UNCG and grant.
- Use of e-procurement system to purchase supplies as needed.
- Work with ORE in the development and handling of contracts and purchase orders as needed.
- Monitor fund balances and posting of purchases through Banner Finance and UNCG Genie to ensure accuracy and appropriate posting of expenditures to the proper funding source such as various grants, center funds, etc.
- Maintain regular communication with researchers and supervisor with regard to status of purchases, equipment maintenance needs, etc. to facilitate timely purchases.
- Work with the Office of Research and Engagement (ORE) for resolution of complex or unusual purchases including expenditures that require unit level approval such as gift cards for research participants.
Personnel SupportEssential Tasks:
- Work with PI’s to ensure that effort is properly allocated to appropriate funding sources and that there are adequate funding resources within the fund. This includes oversight of EPAF’s, reporting, and other duties as necessary.
- Assist PI’s and the Director with the development, updating, and management of positions and actions associated with positions.
- Responsibility for ensuring the procedures necessary for hiring and onboarding are coordinated with ORE and HRS to ensure smooth transition of new employees.
Office ManagementEssential Tasks:
- Act as liaison for office in dealings with Facilities and other departments across campus to ensure needed supplies, repairs, and general office needs are available to ensure continuous operations of the CYFCP’s functions.
- Provide administrative support for other CYFCP duties as needed.
Business and Records AdministrationCompetency Description:
Ability to manage well-defined business functions for a department unit or an organization. Ability to collect and analyze information and prepare reports. Ability to apply policies and procedures related to business practices and internal control procedures.Competency Level:
Financial ManagementCompetency Description:
Ability to frequently serve as an internal resource on financial matters with responsibilities including reconciling budget expenditures and monitoring accounts. May require ability to manage a budget with limited funding sources. May require ability to compile financial data for reporting purposes.Competency Level:
Information Processing and Decision-MakingCompetency Description:
Ability to identify, recognize, and resolve problems that have established precedents and limited impact. Ability to compile, organize, and analyze financial information and other data. Ability to review, examine, and prepare documents.Competency Level:
Ability to explain and interpret programs, policies, and procedures using standard formats. Ability to advise others in most matters related to program operations. Ability to communicate factual information, general guidelines, and standard procedures.Competency Level:
Planning and Organizing Work/SupervisionCompetency Description:
Ability to coordinate tasks and establish priorities. Ability to direct, assess, and train student workers.Competency Level:
Reading, Hearing, Talking, Lifting-0-30 lbs.Work Environment: