Specialist, Data & Gift Processing
The University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DUs remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision. The University of Denver and DU Advancement deeply value inclusive excellence, recognizing that its success is dependent on how well it values, engages, and includes the rich diversity of constituents.
This position supports special data projects and data quality control within Gift Administration & Records Management, and is responsible for completing the timely and accurate processing of charitable contributions made to the University of Denver. The Data and Gift Specialist performs a broad range of tasks, including data entry and retrieval, gift processing, and participating in setting data priorities and data control mechanisms to ensure that special projects affecting short-term fundraising goals are completed. This position will also gain deep knowledge in one (or more) specific area(s) of the process and will be considered the lead for that area.
The Data & Gift Specialist works primarily from the Advancement office located in the Administrative Office Building of University of Denver's campus (2601 E Colorado Ave, Denver, CO 80208). Occasional travel to and from campus may be expected for meetings, events, and collecting gifts. This position may be expected to work extended hours during May, June, July, December, and January in order to handle periods of heavier work volume for fiscal and calendar year-ends (they will be compensated in accordance with FLSA standards).
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of the Advancement database (currently CRM Advance) and ensure the integrity of its data.
- Create and update information, including but not limited to gift recording, events, biographical recording, and document imaging.
- Follow prescribed procedures, process charitable gifts and pledges received by University of Denver, and post gift batches to CRM Advance in a timely manner.
- Research and identify donors, donation designations, and solicitation codes while preparing gift batches for posting in CRM Advance.
- Execute data entry projects accurately and in a timely manner. Analyze data for appropriate coding.
- Run data quality reports to ensure accuracy.
- Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate fields where information is available.
- Identify and recommend course of action on data quality issues.
- Research missing information through a variety of paid and free resources, through campus partners and from constituents.
- Proactively collect and code critical data as determined by the data collection plan.
- Participate in data team meetings to establish standards and policies for data entry, participate in Gift Administration & Records Management team meetings and additional meetings as needed, work closely with Advancement Business Intelligence and Analytics staff to develop data quality reports.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- 2 years of college, or equivalent combination of education and work experience (Veterans with equivalent combination of military certification/education and experience may substitute for this qualification).
- Experience working in an office environment, including collecting and organizing data.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1 year of experience working in an office environment, including collecting and organizing data.
- Experience working in a higher education and/or non-profit environment.
- Experience with CRM Advance database software or similar software solution.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, May 14, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The hourly range for the position is $20.43 - $22.47.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate's sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.