Coordinator of First Impressions
The Coordinator of First Impressions establishes first impressions and customer service at Husson University. The primary functions are to supervise & manage the Eagle Ambassador Program, to greet & direct guests, to be responsible and answer incoming calls, directing the calls to the appropriate extensions and/or departments, and providing general information and directions to the University. Effective and pleasant interaction and communication with a broad range of staff, faculty, and administrators is important to maintain accuracy of directory information. This involves seeking out information from various departments and posting the information at the desk for the work study student staff. The Coordinator of First Impressions is also responsible for using the Admissions CRM system, EMS (Events Management System) and Google Calendar to coordinate and schedule admission visits and events. This position also serves as the supervisor of the student Eagle Ambassador tour guide program. Work must be conducted independently to complete these tasks. Professionalism, kind demeanor, and attention to detail are essential characteristics for individuals who serve in the capacity.
• Ensuring the effective, efficient, and courteous operation of the University's Welcome Center.
• Ensuring that the experience of students, faculty, staff, visitors, guests, and prospective students is in keeping with the University's commitment to unparalleled customer service.
• Ensure visitors are signing in with the Welcome Center and completing the visitor log.
• Greet incoming students/parents and guests. Answer questions in a knowledgeable manner and direct visitors to appropriate destinations.
• Answer calls coming into the University's main line and directing those calls.
• Responding to University website Chat feature.
• Manage the Eagle Ambassador tour guide program, including the selection, hiring, scheduling and supervision of part-time student staff to cover the Welcome Center.
• Provide training and monitor quality assurance from student employees. Assign duties to Ambassadors ranging from guided campus tours, to special requests from other departments, and coverage of the phone and Welcome Center Desk.
• Maintain and schedule personal and group visits for Husson Admissions office utilizing the CRM SLATE.
• Organize and be lead point person for large on-campus admissions events including Open House, Accepted Student Days, Discover Husson, etc.
• Complete all regular and ad-hoc duties, as assigned by immediate supervisor, or the Director of Admissions.
Education: Associates Degree required. Bachelors degree preferred.
Experience: Three (3) or more years in customer service (or related field) and supervisory experience required.