Sterile Supplies Specialist
Job Title: Sterile Supplies Specialist
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226773
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of dental instruments and equipment
- Prioritize tasks, complete work and meet deadlines
- Ability effectively interact with dental assistant, students, faculty and staff
- Experience with Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn sterilization principles, procedures, equipment and patient management software
- Good manual dexterity, ability to distinguish colors, and ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds
Associate's Degree from an accredited College/University with 2 years Sterilization experience.Responsibilities The Sterile Supplies Specialist is responsible for the sterilization and processing of supplies and instruments for distribution. Responsible for inspecting, sorting, disassembly/reassembly, manual and mechanical cleaning, biological processes, equipment operation, packaging, sterilizing, storing and distribution of sterile supplies. Work is performed under direct supervision and is reviewed by observation of results obtained. Also required to work ADEX (CRDTS) exams and mock boards, as well as, other special board certifications exercises throughout the year as needed requiring weekend work up to approximately 4-6 times per year. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the implementation of a system for inventory control and periodic inventory of dental instruments; Maintain daily inventory control.
- Dispense and collect all instruments to and from dispensaries/clinics; ensure that the highest quality of infection control is maintained.
- Operate computer system/scanners for inventory control, create labels, maintain forms, and create barcode labels.
- Ensure that the highest quality of infection control is maintained.
- Maintain all rooms associated with Central Sterilization, conduct scheduled cleaning of walls floors, counters, and equipment, and conduct daily cleaning of assigned work area.
- Perform other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Monday-Friday (Occasional weekends 4-6 times per year)Hours: 1:00pm to 10:00pm (Currently working 11:30AM to 8:30PM)Pay Grade: 7Salary: $12.62/hrSalary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the positionRecruitment Period: 4/30/2021 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.