F/T Faculty - Nurse Education-Laboratory Instructor (Fall semester)
Department:: Nurse Education Department
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Apr 30, 2021
Closes:: May 28, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.:: FAC
Position ID:: 130570
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications for this position.
Reporting to the Director of Nurse Education, the Laboratory Instructor will work closely with faculty and students to facilitate the clinical laboratory components of the nursing curriculum, create and manage the laboratory schedules for RN program and assure the clinical laboratories are stocked and in good working order.
- Instruct and evaluate nursing students in the clinical laboratory including simulation technology.
- Provide feedback to nursing faculty related to student performance in the laboratory.
- Interact with nursing faculty to develop and implement competencies for students demonstration in the clinical laboratory.
- Integrate critical thinking activities into simulation scenarios.
- Provide remediation to nursing students as requested by nursing faculty.
- Develop and maintain laboratory schedules for RN program to enhance student learning.
- Participate in educational programs related to clinical laboratory needs in nursing.
- Order, stock and maintain supplies in the nursing clinical laboratories.
- Interact with the Director and Chair of Nurse Education to coordinate the use of the simulation laboratory for special activities.
- Mentor and coach nursing faculty in use of laboratory and simulation equipment as needed.
- Manage Preventative Maintenance contracts for proper functioning of all equipment.
- Actively participate in on-going professional development.
- Actively engage in the development, implementation and evaluation of all components of the systematic evaluation plan.
- Maintain expertise and currency in the area of teaching responsibility.
- Comply with the duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Council Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Other duties as required.
- Master's Degree in nursing and current licensure or eligibility as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
- Five years of full-time experience in nursing or equivalent with background sufficient to teach clinical content.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Previous experience as clinical faculty in a collegiate program preferred.
Salary Range: $65,000.00-$75,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By May 28, 2021.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE