F/T Faculty: Theatre Department (Fall semester)
Department:: Humanities & Learning Communities
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Apr 30, 2021
Closes:: May 28, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.:: FAC
Position ID:: 130549
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications for this position.
Bunker Hill Community College seeks a full-time, tenure-track Theatre Faculty. The College is looking for an enthusiastic, cutting-edge professional with teaching credentials and experience to revise and expand the Theatre Program of Study to align the major with baccalaureate transfer opportunities and 21st century workforce needs and careers. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a growing area. The successful candidate must be current in the field, equity-minded, learner-centered and innovative, with a history of teaching experience as well as curriculum and program development.
- Teach a range of courses in Theatre, including acting for majors and general education, as well as play production.
- Lead review, revision and assessment of the Theatre Program of Study.
- Align the Theatre Program with state university programs, and develop articulation agreements with top transfer institutions.
- Develop one or more stackable certificates in technical theatre specializations such as lighting, sound design and stage design.
- Foster an equity-minded, learner-centered environment that values and sustains students' cultural wealth.
- Teach in learning communities as appropriate.
- Teach in different modalities, including online, hybrid and remote.
- Use new technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to complement and supplement instruction.
- Work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes and competencies.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom using outcomes-based assessments.
- Participate in ongoing curriculum review, assessment, development and modification.
- Maintain expertise in area of teaching responsibility.
- Participate in on-going professional development.
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Master's degree in Theatre required. Master's degree or doctorate in a closely related field with core coursework in Theatre will be considered if graduate transcript(s) are submitted with application.
- Experience in college-level teaching of Theatre required; community college teaching experience preferred.
- Experience in the professional practice of Theatre required.
- Understanding of anti-bias and willingness to learn about and implement culturally responsive curricula and teaching practices.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population.
- Demonstrated success teaching in different modalities such as online, hybrid and remote preferred.
- Experience in curriculum design and program development preferred.
- Experience with technical theatre program management a plus.
Salary Range: $50,000.00-$60,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By May 28, 2021.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE