PT/Maternity Simulation Instructor-Health Sciences (non-benefited)
Category:: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions
Department:: Health Sciences
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Apr 30, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Adjunct Faculty
Position ID:: 130563
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
The P/T Maternity Simulation Instructor Role. Simulation instructors play a vital role in the education of our students, responsibilities include:
- Supervising a group of students (usually 6 students in a group) while they complete their Maternal-Child Health Simulation rotation in the nursing simulation lab at BHCC.
- Coordinating with course faculty to develop and run simulations.
- Teaching students how to perform duties in the nursing simulation lab at BHCC.
- Evaluating students' Simulation assignments and performing student evaluations on the simulation evaluation tool.
- Attend mandatory adjunct faculty clinical/Sim meetings at the college three times per academic year.
- Simulation instructors must hold an active license as an RN in the state of Massachusetts, have at least five years of clinical experience, and hold a BSN.
- Simulation instructors must have Maternal Child Health experience
- MSN, Simulation experience
Salary: $75.37/hourly; not exceeding 18.50 hours per week. PT/Maternity Simulation Instructor-Health Sciences (non-benefited) 6-8 hours per week.
Effective Date: Open until filled.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE