Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-30
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
Assists Librarian in information services: answers questions regarding available references, and helps public in use of available references and bibliographic tools, such as Library of Congress catalog.
- Instruct patrons on how to use reference sources, library catalogs, and automated information systems.
- Performs routine cataloging and coding of library materials, arranges and maintains periodicals, prepares volumes for binding, handles interlibrary loan requests, prepares invoices, retrieves information from databases, and supervises support staff.
- Locate library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals, tape cassettes, Braille volumes, and pictures.
- Answer routine inquiries and refer patrons in need of professional assistance to librarians.
- Maintain records of items received, stored, issued, and returned and file catalog cards according to system used.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Lower Division Courses Completed
3 Months of Directly Relevant Experience
Typical office environment