Member Services Coordinator
Job no: 495601
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Student Services
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Boise State University invites interested applicants for the position of Member Services Coordinator to become a part of the Campus Recreation team as we build an engaged community that encourages healthy, active people and enhances student success.
This is a perfect job for you if you:
- Are passionate about the customer experience
- Have an insatiable appetite for improvement
- Are excited to try new things
- Take ownership in building a positive work culture
- Enjoy working with a vibrant and engaged student staff
- Think in terms of what is possible
- Can create opportunities for students to learn and grow
Assist and collaborate in the delivery of Recreation Center Memberships, Customer Service, and Student Training and Development. Provide operational support for the Aquatic Complex, Climbing Gym, Turf Fields, and Intramural Grass Fields.Level Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.Essential Functions:
You will have the opportunity to:
Oversee the overall management and coordination of the Student Recreation Center’s member services program including membership outreach and engagement, membership orientation and appreciation, and membership assessment. Additionally, the Member Services Coordinator will supervise a Member Services team of approximately 15 student employees and an Equipment Desk team of approximately 15 student employees as well as the Equipment Desk, laundry, and locker room operations for the department. These duties will be carried out in conjunction with the Facilities Coordinator, and they will assist and collaborate in the delivery of Recreation Center memberships, customer service, and student training and development.
The breakdown of the position duties:
- 40% staff supervision, onboarding, and development
- 35% member services and equipment desk operations
- 15% software applications: operations and training
- 10% risk management and security
You will join a team that is creating an exciting environment, values collaboration and teamwork, and is welcoming to all Boise State University students, faculty, and staff. We are creating a workplace that values the voices and contributions of employees at all levels, listens, and responds to our community.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience developing strong student employee teams and university health and wellness based facilities
- Experience coordinating a large staff
- Experience working with a recreation based software application platform.
- Experience scheduling facility space in a Higher Education setting and working with facility scheduling software
- Experience in event programming or management
Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent AND 2 years of professional experience:
- Experience in similar type of work: One (1) year or two (2) years as a Graduate Assistant
- Experience in same type of work: One (1) year or two (2) years as a Graduate Assistant
- Master’s Degree in Recreation, Sport Management, Athletic Administration, Business Administration, Kinesiology, or related field
- Direct personnel management experience of student employee teams: recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, and disciplining
- Budget development and budget management experience
- Two (2) years work experience managing operations of a recreation facility or customer service desk at a higher education institution
- Two (2) years work experience managing operations of an equipment desk at a higher education institution
- Experience in oral and written communication such as teaching:
- Developing/delivering presentation content/materials; writing reports, proposals, professional correspondence, manuals, etc.
- Experience working with a recreation-based membership management software application platform (Innosoft Fusion preferred)
- Experience with facility management software (Connect 2 Concepts preferred)
- Engagement in NIRSA, AORE, or other recreation professional associations
- Experience programming or service delivery for diverse community populations
Salary starts at $43,700. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Application Note: All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be fully considered for the position.
Special Note: Boise State University Campus Recreation intends for this to be an entirely virtual search due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Preferred: July 12, 2021
Advertised: April 30, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: May 16, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time