Lecturer in Chemistry (2 positions)
Lecturer in Chemistry (2 positions)Job Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by May 17, 2021. Second considerations may be given to applications received by June 4, 2021. Applications received after the second consideration date (June 4, 2021) may not be given full consideration.
The Department of Chemistry at the University of Rhode Island invites applications for 2 Lecturer positions. Positions are full-time academic year, non-tenure track, limited to 06-18-2022 with anticipated renewal.
Appointment is for academic year 2021 – 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Each lecturer will teach 4 sections of CHM 101 (General Chemistry I) or CHM 103 (Introductory Chemistry Lecture) with enrollment capacity of 50 students per section. The sections will be taught in the evenings between 5 pm and 8 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
1. Earned Ph.D. in chemistry or closely-related field (as of 6/1/2021).
2. Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of academic excellence.
3. Demonstrated ability to apply a variety of teaching strategies to enhance learning for a diverse body of students.
4. Demonstrated evidence of teaching effectiveness.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Experience teaching general chemistry.
2. Experience supervising laboratory teaching assistants.
3. Experience with remote or online teaching.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Union:
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Non-tenure-track, LimitedEnd Date of Restriction or Limitation:
Positions are full-time academic year, non-tenure track, limited to 06-18-2022 with anticipated renewal.Department:
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae.
(#3) Other – References – names and contact information of three professional references.Position Number:
109873 & 109874Posting Number:
04/30/2021Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: