Senior Clinical Research Nurse
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-05-11
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Senior Clinical Research Nurse, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Senior Clinical Research Nurse coordinates clinical research and clinical trials for the Clinical Research Unit, as well as trains and provides guidance to less experienced staff. This position involves collaboration with internal and external investigators, CROs, diverse research teams, and relevant FAU Offices.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with all members of the research team to effectively direct and manage all aspects of the research protocol with minimum supervision.
- Perform functional, cognitive, gait, and other assessments, blood draws, IV infusions, EKGs for study participants, as needed per protocol (per licensure).
- Ensure that all staff and researchers who will be using the unit complete the training requirements for use of the facility, including unit training and institution-required training.
- Assist with initial and continuing IRB submissions.
- Provide direct care to the research participant utilizing the nursing process with knowledge and understanding of the purpose and methodology of the protocol.
- Assist with the development of recruitment strategies and promotional materials.
- Coordinate participant enrollment, assist with determining participant eligibility and obtain informed consent.
- Create and maintain participant charts & coordinate research participant appointments.
- Collect, organize and maintain source documentation.
- Ensure protocol is being followed as approved by the IRB.
- Report adverse events, protocol deviations, and other events as required by the protocol, institution, and regulations.
- Participate in research activities by assisting in the collection of data, initiating research under supervision as appropriate.
- Supervise the activities of research assistants/project assistants as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties and complete special projects as assigned.
Must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida with active nursing license.
Clinical Research experience required.Salary:$29.60 per hourCollege or Department:Division of ResearchLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:30 hours per weekApplication Deadline: 2021-05-18-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Temporary positions are not established positions and are paid from OPS funds. Temporary positions are usually not eligible for benefits and retirement; however, they may be eligible for health insurance coverage depending on the average hours worked per week. They provide full-time or part-time employment in an exempt or non-exempt employment situation based on job duties and salary in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Temporary positions do not have layoff rights and may be terminated without prior notice. Applicants hired into Temporary positions may apply for a regular appointment should a vacancy become available.
This is a part time position.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume is required for this position. Make sure to attach any required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.