Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-30
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
A.D. Henderson at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Aftercare Coordinator, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Afterschool Coordinator position will be responsible for coordinating and implementing, all aspects of A.D. Henderson and FAU High School’s aftercare program. The coordinator will ensure administration and effective management of a safe, nurturing, and well-supervised aftercare program at A.D. Henderson University School and FAU High School.
This position will work closely with the environmental education efforts of FAU Pine Jog Environmental Education Center to embed innovative approaches to teach concepts of Environmental Education, and Environmental Science, Technology, Mathematics, and Engineering (E-STEM). For this reason, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for teaching children about the environment and the interconnectedness of all living things. This candidate will care deeply about education, diversity, equity and inclusion, hands-on science learning, and promoting positive solutions to environmental problems.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Manages and oversees the coordination and implementation of A.D. Henderson and FAU High School’s aftercare program.
- Coordinates human resources functions for assigned programs: recruits, recommends, supervises, and trains staff, students, and volunteers.
- Plans and develops engaging and creative learning and enrichment experiences.
- Adheres to administrative directives for the oversight and coordination of the aftercare program.
- Provides administration with regular reports and data related to program activities.
- Develops parent and stakeholder communication for assigned programs.
- Troubleshoots issues, questions, and concerns.
- Develops mechanisms to obtain stakeholder feedback for program improvements.
- Under the direction of administration, adheres to program budgets allocated for all aspects of the programs.
- Monitors and collects fees associated with on-site fee-based programs.
- Maintains comprehensive and accurate student and volunteer records.
- Enrolls members in accordance with the ADHUS/FAUHS and FAU regulations, maintaining all necessary attendance and member records for compliance.
- Adheres to ADHUS/FAUHS and FAU on-site safety expectations and implements the safety plan at the site.
- Completes, submits, and tracks accurate and timely payroll records, incident reports, rosters, receipts, and all other program-related records in accordance with established policies.
- Communicates effectively and demonstrates sensitivity to others.
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality in student matters.
- Ensures quality food selections, and age-appropriate exercises and activities, as required.
- Maintain appropriate certifications such as First Aid and CPR certification.
- Ensures program compliance with state, county, and university requirements.
- Supports and complies with organization and site policies and follows procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of and experience working with staff from public school systems, afterschool programs, or in environmental education required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Supervisory and management experience.
Valid afterschool director credential.
Knowledge of environmental literacy as it pertains to South Florida ecology, aquatic science, citizen science, and other environmental issues.
K-12 teaching experience.
Educator certification in science or related field.
Experience managing educational programs and/or afterschool programs.
First Aid and CPR certification valid certification.
Ability to work with, develop, lead, mentor, and supervise youth ages 5 to 18 in small and large groups.
Successful performance in a similar position demonstrating ability to set and implement priorities, manage multiple tasks and programs, and evaluate performance.Salary:$36,000 - $38,000College or Department:A.D. Henderson SchoolLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.Application Deadline: 2021-05-09-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.