University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Endocrinology
Position #00782905– Requisition #20985* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Endocrinology has an opening for a full-time Instructor position.Nature of Work:
- A research instructor is being sought for a part of full-time position in the section of Pediatric Endocrinology to work as a research provider for clinical research studies dealing with youth-onset obesity, bariatric surgery, diabetes complications (cardiovascular, kidney, and liver disease), type 2 diabetes and/or type 1 diabetes.
- The research instructor will work with study physicians, co-investigators and professional research assistants both locally and nationally as a part of local studies and a multi-center study and will be responsible for overseeing and performing study procedures including infusion studies, and IV medication administration during MRIs. The research instructor will receive training in all of these procedures.
- The research instructor is also expected to help supervise study coordinators and professional research assistants with their tasks, which may include participant recruiting, consent, and scheduling, performing study visits, processing of research blood samples and other study samples, institutional review board requirements, tracking of study costs, assisting with MRI and other imaging procedures, and other study-related duties.
- Perform and oversee inpatient CTRC infusion studies and IV medication titration and assist with IV placement and blood draws.
- Administer medications for MRI scanning (e.g., furosemide).
- Administer medical visits, including collection of physical, history, blood pressure and anthropometrics.
- Work with medical staff to address the medical needs of participants, including titration of medications, titration of insulin doses, addressing medication side effects,
- Tracking of participant laboratory results and work with medical staff to problem solve management of abnormal laboratory tests and management of medical co-morbidities. •
- Provide education on diet, exercise, diabetes medications and diabetes care to participants and families.
- Perform data and sample collection at in person and telephone research visit.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with study protocols and documents of assigned research studies
- Document history and Exam information in Electronic Medical Record
- Administer outreach phone calls to participants for maintenance of contact, data collection, home insulin dose titration, and assistance with medical management of prediabetes/diabetes
- Work with investigators to educate and provide information to patients, families, and community groups regarding available studies.
- Work as a team member in coordination of assigned primary studies and support of other staff members on research group studies
- Assist and support in activities related to subject recruitment.
- Occasional travel for training and national study team meetings (optional)
- Physician assistant or nurse practitioner
- Valid Colorado NP or PA license, or eligible for licensure (e.g., obtain within 3 months of hire)
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Experience in clinical research.
- Experience working with youth.
- Experience with diabetes, obesity and/or human physiology.
- Spanish Language proficiency.
- Experience with Microsoft office programs
- Effective organizational and communication skills
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 30, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing