Laboratory Coord I
DescriptionSchool of Medicine, Department of SurgeryLab Coordinator IPosition # 00001012 – Requisition #21107
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Surgery, Center for Surgical Innovation has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Lab Coordinator I.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work
The Center for Surgical Innovation (CSI) at the University of Colorado is a multidisciplinary surgical training center dedicated to promoting educational courses and development of leading edge surgical techniques and technologies. This position assists the Lab Manager during hands on training labs. This position will assist the Lab Manager with running the individual trainings, which could consist of anywhere from 5-200 people on any given day, to accommodate the clients’ schedules. The lab coordinator contributes to the overall efficiency of the laboratory in a cost effective manner by performing a variety of tasks, consisting primarily of preparing the lab for trainings, helping in running individual bioskills events, maintaining & organizing the lab facility. This position will work side by side with the other lab coordinator and when needed will coordinate the work of the lab support staff.Examples of Work Performed
- Assures the proper inventory and handling of specimens. In collaboration with Lab Manager and Executive Director, select new laboratory apparatus needed to carry out new processes as needed.Maintenance and organization of surgical instrumentation, as well as ordering and keeping track of supplies, maintaining inventory, distributing supplies, developing lab record keeping systems. Receiving and sending packages.All trainings are different and require unique preparation of set-up and clean-up of all events. Subsequently, the qualified and competent Lab Coordinator I must be present during the bioskills training events to ensure that any problems that arise can be properly and efficiently mitigated. Lab Coordinator I will help develop testing and experiment methods by adapting accepted techniques as needed.Use their knowledge of surgery in the operating room and/or bioskills lab setting. Keep Lab Manager up-to-date on lab happenings/constant communication. Weekly meetings are required. Accept all training information through a joint calendar or make appropriate changes. Keep the Lab Manager and Executive Director up-to-date on all happenings after trainings to ensure invoicing of the clients is correct.
- Assuring proper maintenance of equipment, provision of adequate supplies and cleanliness of the surgical lab.
- Follow SOP manual for operational procedures.
Other Duties: Freezing and/or refrigeration of specimens.Organize transportation of surgical specimens.Creates logs/spreadsheets for a variety of lab-related items.Complete all UCD required trainings and compliance courses.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range)
for this position has been established at $ $46,116 - $50,856 and is commensurate with skills and experience.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- 2 years of experience in an occupational field related to the work of this position, including:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in operating room or bioskills lab.
Conditions of Employment:
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in related health-care field.
This position will be required to work after hours, weekends and long shifts as needed on a regular basis.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in medical equipment repair, servicing, and trouble-shooting highly preferred.
- Surgical Tech
- OR Experience
- Tissue banking experience
- Worked with multi specialties in surgery
- Experience working with surgical manufacturer companies
Health CarePrimary Location:
Apr 30, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University