Child Care Aide
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
- Assisting Lead Teacher with creating, implementing, individualizing lesson plans based on curriculum and assessment tools indicated by Center.
- Encouraging teaching team success through modeling and support.
- Ensuring healthy and clean classroom environment.
- Maintaining frequent communication with parents and families.
- Assist Lead Teacher with planning and providing age appropriate individual and group activities.
- Assist Lead Teacher with coordinating and implementing educational curriculum to assist each child in meeting early learning standards.
- Follows all agency, childcare and licensing standards.
- Assist Lead Teacher with assessment observations and preparing for parent/teacher conferences.
- Provides care routines for children such as washing hands, meals and snacks, diaper changes, etc.
- Assist with recording and record keeping of information required to document the growth and development of children and their activities.
- Attend all staff meetings, in-services and Family Partnership events.
- Help maintain facility in a safe, clean and satisfactory condition.
- Communicate daily with center management, all staff, substitutes and volunteers, which include sharing daily program plans and discussing goals for children.
- Other duties as assigned.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 Diversity and Equity:The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- No prior education or experience required.
- Verifiable experience providing care for infants, toddlers, and/or preschoolers
- Two (2) years of study at an accredited college or university (equivalent to 48 semester hours) or an associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Experience working in a substance abuse treatment environment with a focus on women’s issues (i.e. trauma; domestic violence; mental health treatment; parenting and child development; barriers women experience in treatment such as childcare, employment, finding a job that pays enough to support their family; etc.)
- Experience working with offender population
- Experience working with drug exposed infants and toddlers
- Experience executing administrative duties related to billing, office organization, and data entry using Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of child development and age-appropriate expectations for young children 6 weeks through 5 years of age
- Ability to stay calm in all situations and to respond to children in a quiet, reassuring manner
- Ability to adapt, adjust and/or modify activities to meet the developmental needs of each child
- Ability to be open-minded and non-judgmental Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to manage difficult behaviors
- Ability to comply with established rules, policies and procedures
- Ability to develop healthy relationships with clients
- Ability to establish boundaries with clients
- Awareness of healthy nutrition practices for ages 6 weeks to 12 years of age
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
- In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), ARTS cannot employ individuals (who may have contact with residents) who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility, or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C. § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information, shall be grounds for termination
- Must be willing and able to attend evening teacher in-services (minimum monthly), evening family partnerships as needed (minimum monthly) and Saturday in-service or family partnership (minimum quarterly)
- Must agree to a medical examination and must provide recent medical documentation stating that you are able to work with and care for young children
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, lift and lower children into and out of cribs, see, hear, speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety.
- Must be able to smell and taste food.
- Must be willing and able to attend evening teacher in-services (minimum once a month)
- Must be willing and able to attend family partnerships as needed
- Must be willing and able to attend Saturday in-service quarterly
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 30, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing