Overnight Client Care Aide I
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- Conduct random head counts to document client whereabouts
- Observe and monitor client behaviors and initiate prescribed interventions when needed
- Observe and document same sex urinalysis.
- Document completion of the service, and report any concerning behavior
- Complete same sex pat searches
- Monitor and document client ingestion of antabuse, naltrexone and other medications as needed
- Audit all client medications for count accuracy and compliance with medication directions
- Orders medication refills when needed
- Authorize client to leave the facility for work, pass, and job search activities
- Verify clients off-site where abouts
- Report escape information to state agencies
- Maintain client’s treatment records via filing and auditing
- Conduct monthly Fire Drills
- Conduct monthly facility inspections
- Attend mandatory Monthly staff meetings
- Attend training to fulfill annual DCJ requirements
- Maintain confidentiality of clientele, personal health information
- Provide customer service to clientele and outside agencies
- Data entry utilizing Access and CareLogic systems.
- Property inventory of client property and screening for contraband
- Scanning, faxing and emailing information to outside agencies
- Dispensing of client personal monies
- Drive clients to meetings, recreational activities, appointments, etc.
- Miscellaneous duties that would be needed for any kind of project that supports the mission of the program
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Must possess a GED or High School Diploma.
- Experience working with offender population
- Experience documenting behaviors according to established policies and procedures
- Experience observing, monitoring and documenting urinalysis/breathalyzer testing
- Experience in observing, monitoring and documenting medication usage
- Experience in head counts/bed check
- Experience filing and auditing clinical charts
- Experience writing incident reports
- Experience and knowledge of Federal Confidentiality laws concerning Drug and Alcohol treatment and HIPAA
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn software programs
- Experience using an Electronic Health Record
- Ability to elevate decision making to higher level based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, and fact check information that needs to be conveyed to outside constituencies, in the matters of their clients we treat, in a complete and professional manner.
- Ability to be nonjudgmental and respectful of others beliefs, values, and cultur
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
- Must be able to use Microsoft software e.g.: Word, Excel, Access
- In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), ARTS cannot employ individuals (who may have contact with residents) who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility, or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C. § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information, shall be grounds for termination.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: May 3, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing