Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: St. Teresa, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 48702
The Florida Sate University Coastal & Marine Laboratory is located 40 miles south of Tallahassee on the unspoiled "Forgotten Coast" of the Florida Panhandle.
Research at the FSUCML focuses on estuarine and marine ecosystems of the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. Scientists at the lab also direct individual projects at other locations form the Atlantic coasts of the Southeastern U.S. to the coral reefs of the Indo-Pacific.Equal Employment Opportunity
Florida State University is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive community that is welcoming to all faculty, staff and students. As such, we strongly encourage applications from members of groups historically under-represented in science, as well as those who have a demonstrated commitment to fostering and promoting the values of diversity and inclusion.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed here.
- Responsible for applying research methods to perform data management, data analysis, literature review, as well as, preparing graphics and maps, and writing technical reports, publications and funding proposals to assist the Director.
- Prepares technical reports and presentations for the Board of Trustees, the Scientific Advisory Board, and faculty and staff meetings. Assists the Director with work related to the laboratory safety programs. Represents the Director at various board and committee meetings, as needed, including giving presentations and serving as the subject matter expert on data presented.
- Administers center grants which are awarded to support shared resources for multiple investigators at the Marine Lab. Provides administrative support for the Director, including maintaining calendar. Prepares receptions associated with planned meetings and events in coordination with other administrative staff. Maintains FSUCML email list and distributes information requests to appropriate staff and faculty.
- Assists Director with editorial activities, including communication with members of editorial boards and authors regarding administration of manuscript reviews.
Bachelor's degree and two years' experience or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to six years. Note: Higher education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.
- Research experience to assist Marine Lab Director with technical and research duties.
- Ability to perform high level mathematical and statistical analyses.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computer applications for office, data analysis, mapping, and graphical representation of data.
Master's degree or PhD in a related field preferred.University Information
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm.Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.