Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources SpecialistPosting Number:
20110344Key Responsibilities :
The Human Resources Specialist provides varied and complex administrative, customer service and office support services for the Executive Director/Chief Human Resources Officer and the Office of Human Resources.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs a range of confidential administrative/office support services including: problem analysis; quality review; data management; correspondence preparation; creates and maintains accurate and confidential records; filing maintenance and retrieval; customer services to internal and external customers of the department.
• Completes complex surveys such as IPEDS, HEDS, AAUP, and CUPA.
• Administers the Tuition Benefit program in coordination with the Executive Director/Chief Human Resources Officer.
• Maintains all HR program and policy information online and in relevant documents.
• Conducts financial transactions such as purchasing goods and services and institutes payment requests. Manages reimbursements for moving expenses.
• Answers questions by phone, in person, or by email. Provides program information and explains program policies and procedures to diverse customers, both internal and external providing counsel and advice.
• Coordinates all aspects of recruitment including: advertising and completing EEO compliance reports. Maintains Applicant Tracking System: posts positions, sets up and trains users, corresponds with applicants, troubleshoots errors, closes out positions.
• Uses E-Verify to ensure that all employees are legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Runs background checks on new employees and volunteers. Ensure compliance with Act 153. Answer all background check related questions.
• Tracks employee completion of mandatory trainings, periodic background checks, compliance issues and conflict of interest statements.
• Processes student employees. Collects paperwork, answers questions relating to the hiring process, and processes authorizations.
• Performs data entry for Payroll, and backs up Benefits Coordinator in assisting with proofing payroll.
• Prepares and proofreads documents including reports, letters of employment, and correspondence. Completes and prepares routine reports. Drafts correspondence for signature of others.
• Performs a variety of support services including: planning and scheduling meetings, special events, etc.
• Maintains required postings throughout campus.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
High School diploma. Additional academic training preferred.
•Five years experience in an office setting sufficient to demonstrate competencies in: customer services, project planning and management, PC based office software, maintaining databases, student assistant supervision, advanced word processing skills, web experience, knowledge of Human Resources regulations and effective handling of confidential materials.
Experience in higher education is a significant plus.
This position works with considerable independence. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Supervises student assistants.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Juniata College embraces a liberal arts lifestyle and as such, we believe that all people bring valuable perspective to contribute as citizens in an increasingly global and diverse community. We encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive community where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Therefore, our relationships are based on mutual respect and support. Please join us…
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following materials via our on-line application system: Cover-letter, resume and list of references.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Application Deadline is May 28, 2021.
It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background checks.
05/01/2021Open Until Filled: