Employee Relations Manager
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Employee Relations ManagerDepartment:
SYS-Human Resources-910600Job Location:
Fort WorthSalary Information:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary:
Join the UNT System Human Resources team as we continue our journey to transform the lives of our students through our partnerships and services to the UNT Fort Worth campus. It’s an exciting time in the UNT System, with many current and new HR initiatives on the horizon.Position Overview:
Responsible as both a people leader and individual contributor for the Employee Relations function as the HSC. Partners across the campus and UNT World to oversee management of simple to complex investigations related to policy violations and situations not in alignment with HSC and UNT World values.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field.
Five (5) years of experience in Human Resources and/or Employee Relations, with 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in project management
- Strong employee relations, counseling experience and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
*Team-oriented individual with strong leadership ability
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with management coaching and consultation within all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of multiple teams.
- Ability to complete tasks with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to promote a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
- Ability to work at a computer during work hours.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- 5 years of experience conducting investigations
- 3 years of experience in EEO
- PHR, SHRM-CP or sHRBP preferred
Monday to Friday, 8-5 PMDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Employee Relations ManagerPhysical Requirements:
Ability to communicateo:
Serve as Subject Matter Expert for Human Resources policies, providing input and guidance to employees of all levels from hourly personnel to executive leadership and other HR professionals.o:
Lead, manage and provide guidance to ER professionals. Provides direction regarding resolution of employee complaints received through employee complaint hotline.o:
Keep current on all employee-related legislative and regulatory changes and/or developments, and ensure changes to rules and regulations are updated within HSC policies and standards.o:
Triage EE concerns and travel as needed to conduct HR investigations to include: gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws, policies and past practice to reach conclusions, recommend and influence management actions. May partner with internal Employment Attorneys, Internal
Audit, and other internal investigative bodies, as necessary.
Assist OGC, HR leadership, and other partners as needed to interface with external compliance agencies (DOL, OFCCP, etc.). Lead quarterly
policy and procedure audits to ensure HSC compliance
Track, report and analyze case trends utilizing a system-wide technology-based case management system.o:
Manage or participate on special projects/programs requiring ER stakeholder input, as neededo:
Manage Unemployment Claims process for HSC in collaboration with institution and state agency partners.o:
Performs other duties as assignedPosting Number:
S1965PQuicklink for Posting: