Human Resources Manager
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Human Resources ManagerDepartment:
SYS-Human Resources-910600Job Location:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary:
Join the UNT System Human Resources team as we continue our journey to transform the lives of our students through our partnerships and services to the UNT Denton campus. It’s an exciting time in the UNT System, with many current and new HR initiatives on the horizon.Position Overview:
Manages human resources consultation and support to designated business units and provides consultation and guidance to HR Business Partners regarding administration of human resources policies, procedures, and resolution of a wide variety of human resources issues in the areas of employee relations, workplace investigations, performance management, compensation, benefits and leave, employee engagement, compliance, policy interpretation, and institutional effectiveness measures.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology or related field and 5 years of experience, or any equivalent combination of education or experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management; of human resources programs such as employment, compensation, classification, employee relations, benefits, workers’ compensation, or organizational development; and of federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing personnel activities.
- Skill in oral and written communication, in conducting interviews, in using computers and human resources related software applications, in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing, and in problem solving.
- Ability to explain policies and procedures to staff and the public; to maintain confidential and sensitive information; to develop and analyze human resource processes; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with applicants, employees, and the general public; to communicate effectively; and to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Skill in using office computer information systems to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve data.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with frequently changing priorities.
- Focused on providing a high level of customer service and follow-through.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP Certification.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management System.
- Proficient in applying conflict resolution skills and mediation techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and facilitating an ADA program.
Monday to Friday, 8-5 PMDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
HR ManagerPhysical Requirements:
Ability to communicateo:
Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues, and performs effective, thorough, and objective workplace investigations.o:
Provides guidance and input to leaders regarding business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.o:
Utilizes knowledge of various human resources functions to provide tactical support, professional counsel, advice, and service to university constituents to help facilitate the success of the university’s mission, and serves on campus-wide committees.o:
Directly supervises and coaches HR Coordinator (HR Generalist II) staff, overseeing daily operations and providing guidance on less complex employee relations matters and ensuring operational efficiencies and compliance requirements are maintained.o:
Assists with professional development of HR Business Partners, and supervises student employees.o:
Maintains an effective level of business acumen regarding the higher education industry, institutional knowledge and literacy regarding business units, including core business, culture, and short- and long-range plans.o:
Leads special projects and initiatives, conducts research and analyzes information to determine trends, and develops and implements action plans.o:
Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, partnering with legal department as needed.o:
Strategizes and recommends initiatives to enhance equity, diversity, and inclusion.Posting Number:
S1961PQuicklink for Posting: