UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
HSC-Peds and Women's Hlth-300740Job Location:
Fort WorthFull Time/Part Time:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary:
The mission of the Department of Pediatrics and Women’s Health is to continuously improve the quality and value of our education, pediatric health care, research, and community service programs. We are dedicated to educating doctors and physician assistants and providing the North Texas Community quality pediatric medical care and community health services.Position Overview:
The Department of Pediatrics and Women’s Health at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire an Administrative Associate to join their team in support of the Healthy Start Program. This position supports the administrative needs of Healthy Start, including routine clerical tasks, coordinating with community stakeholders and data entry.Minimum Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Confident professional appearance and positive demeanor with ability to maintain composure under pressure
• Trustworthy with the ability to handle confidential information
• Performs collaboratively and with extraordinary teamwork
• Excellent written and oral communication proficiently, good organizational skills
• Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn internal processes and procedures, including purchasing, travel & accounting
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Bilingual, English-Spanish.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
(Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Evident credibility and integrity.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to self-start, work independently and
achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills including
writing, speaking, editing, proofreading.
- Flexibility and detail-orientation.
- Strong calendaring, organizational and document management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment and ability to develop and maintain strong relationships community partners and other stakeholders.
- High degree of professionalism, business judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
40 hours. M-F, some weekends.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Administrative AssociatePhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Cleaning, Climbing, Driving, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Ability to communicateo:
Completes administrative tasks for Healthy Start, including scheduling, data entry, file maintenance and inventory, or other tasks as assigned by the Director.o:
Organize and manage the Healthy Start referral system. Serve as primary point of contact for incoming referrals and follow-up.o:
Work with community partners and assist with coordination of community activities, scheduling, and donation collections.o:
Assist with client data entry for client reporting and work with the data team to complete reports.o:
Assist with preparation for publications and presentations for the clients, stakeholders, the community, faculty and staff as required.Posting Number:
S1773PQuicklink for Posting: