Child Development Teacher (CARE)
Job no: 516525
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:62060000 - HR-BABY GATOR
Child Development Teacher (CARE)Job Description:
Create a Lifelong Love of Learning with Baby Gator!
The University of Florida’s Baby Gator Child Development & Research Center is nationally recognized in early childhood education field and is a NAEYC accredited program. Distinguished for their best in class curriculum and practices, Baby Gator’s team of professional teachers provide superior care and early education, support the advancement of early childhood research, and promote the University’s rise to a No. 6 best public university.
Baby Gator Child Development and Research Center at the University of Florida is seeking engaging, passionate, and professional early childhood teachers. At Baby Gator our teachers provide quality care and early education to our children through play-based experiences, and real-life, hands on learning opportunities, fostering a life-long love of learning!
Child Development Teachers at Baby Gator work and collaborate with a diverse, family-oriented team within Baby Gator as well as across the broader University of Florida community.
In this role, teachers have the opportunity to design their own lessons and to learn and grow in their careers through tailored professional development opportunities including individualized Practice Based Coaching, training and development through the University, and access to the TEACH scholarships to further their education or credentials.
The roles and responsibilities of a Child Development Teacher are as follows:
- Maintaining a learning environment that is supportive of children's growth, development and learning through age and developmentally appropriate lessons and activities.
- Creating, preparing and implementing weekly lesson plans that address social, emotional, physical, and cognitive areas and demonstrate respect and support of diversity in language, culture, and learning styles.
- Maintaining a safe, healthy, and hygienic environment for all children (ages infant to 5 years).
- Supervising safety and educational learning while on field trips around UF campus and the Gainesville community.
- Communicating and supporting parents to ensure the needs of children and families are met.
- Supporting special activities and research at Baby Gator Child Development & Research Center
- Demonstrating a high level of professionalism by maintaining confidentiality of child and family information, adhering to polices and regulations, and maintaining professional communication with colleagues and supervisors.
- Child Development Teachers must be physically able to perform all duties related to the care and teaching of young children with reasonable accommodations, including repeated bending, kneeling, sitting on the floor, lifting children up to 40 lbs, and frequent hand washing.
- It is recommended that child care personnel are current with all immunizations routinely recommended for adults by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Baby Gator Child Development and Research Centers
Baby Gator serves as the early childhood education center, for the University of Florida and has three centers on campus – Lake Alice, Newell Drive and Diamond Village. With a mission to provide quality care and early education, foster a life-long love of learning, advance research across disciplines, and support professional development in all fields related to children and families. Baby Gator has a team of over 60 teachers and administrators who work collaboratively to achieve this mission.
The Baby Gator team fosters a positive work environment where diversity is valued and supported while providing a high-quality service to the children & families of the University and to the field of early childhood education.Advertised Salary:
$11.00 to $15.25 per hour based on education and experience.
This is a CARE position offering specialized benefits such as 15 days of paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, continuing education scholarships and tailored professional development.Minimum Requirements:
- Child Development Associate Certificate (CDA) or Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) or an Associate’s degree (or higher) and one year of experience in an early childhood or other educational setting.
- Ability to pass Child Care Background Screening as required by DCF.
- Successful completion of 40 hours Child Care Training and exams required by the Department of Children and Families Services (DCF).
- 40 hour a week availability
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The position is open until filled and multiple positions will be hired from this posting. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please submit resume, cover letter, list of references, and DCF transcript.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 30 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled