Job no: 516515
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Research/Scientific/Grants, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:60212100 - AG-SOIL SAMPLE INCIDENTAL
Chemist IJob Description:
Conducts analytical procedures on segmented flow autoanalyzer for ICP-OES, OP/TP analysis, Ammonium analysis, and/or other analytes as assigned, which may include TKN or nitrate analysis. Prepare standards, receive samples, and other lab duties as needed.
Prepares/digests water/tissue/soil samples for Mehlich 3, Ammonium, OP, TP and/or other analytes listed above, completes analyses in a timely manner, compiles results, tabulates data as per QA/QC protocols.
Prepares information for QA/QC and client reports and manually/electronically uploads the data into the WebLIMS (database). Assignments to any other lab duties as needed.
Maintains and operates various laboratory equipment- autopippettes, muffle furnace, lab duties autoclave, pH meter, electrical conductivity meter (EC meter), organic matter (OM) or container media work in the sample prep areas as necessary.
Maintains labware/chemical inventory used for assigned instrument(s), attends to other assignments as required.
Up to $38,000/year, commensurate with experienceMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in chemistry or a closely related field.Preferred Qualifications:
- a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry with experience in analytical methodologies and procedures such as extractions, digestions, pH and EC meters, OM determinations, chloride (Cl) and phosphorus (P) analysis,
- ability to conduct laboratory procedures with high accuracy, precision, organize data & perform QA/QC analyses on the data as per the protocols.
- basic training of the operation & maintenance of the laboratory instruments
- ability to keep track of several experiments running simultaneously
- interact with laboratory personnel professionally
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 30 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time