Manager, Project Management Office - UF Health Cancer Center
Job no: 516080
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29300500 - MD-CANCER CTR CLINICAL TRIALS
MGR, Clinical ResearchJob Description:
As the Manager for our Project Management Office (PMO), you will help shape, grow and develop the UF Health Cancer Center’s (UFHCC) investigator initiated clinical trials (IIT) portfolio. This is a fast-paced, critical program in the advancement of cancer care and requires a fundamental understanding of project management modalities as well as expert knowledge of clinical research practices, clinical and oncological terminology, and cancer treatment practices is necessary to be successful.
In developing your team, you will be responsible for ongoing workload assessment and reassignment of work as needed across your team and will direct recruitment efforts and performance management for the PMO in conjunction with CRO Leadership and UFHCC HR. This includes the development of training and onboarding programs, drafting job descriptions, providing mentorship to PMO staff on project management, oncological, clinical research, and patient safety topics, as well as the establishment of clear, measurable performance expectations for the unit.
Additionally, in your capacity as Manager, you will manage resolution and problem-solving efforts for issues arising from the conduct of clinical research, collaborating with critical partners throughout UF and UF Health. You will act as a resource for your staff in the implementation of clinical research protocols, providing guidance informed by your extensive experience and expertise in oncological clinical research topics. You may also be called upon to serve on internal committees for the creation of SOPs, workflows, and metrics as well as to participate in working groups and coordinate internal quality control activities in conjunction with internal Monitors and other related staff and to collaborate with leadership and support staff to implement and change policies and/or procedures.
In your new role you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading the PMO team, including driving all performance management, recruitment, and related talent management efforts, working closely with the UFHCC-HR team and others within the CRO leadership team.
- Managing the UFHCC IIT Program including overseeing and ensuring compliance for the entire CRO portfolio of IITs, managing the protocol development process for new and existing IITs, facilitating the UFHCC IIT Think Tank, as well as for building and maintaining partnerships with critical internal and external partners.
- Managing a portfolio of IITs and coordinating the development and research activities for your portfolio.
- Providing support to clinical trials operations including reviewing new and existing protocols for feasibility and appropriate clinical processes, acting as a resource to study teams assigned to IITs, and providing guidance and training as necessary to facilitate protocol compliance across the UFHCC IIT portfolio.
This is a management level position, ideal for candidates with an established career in oncology clinical research and/or research project development and management. Employees in these roles operate as part of our collaborative research enterprise and are fundamental to the progress of cancer research being conducted at the University of Florida. A complete job description will be provided to candidates selected for interview.Expected Salary:
$72,000 - $84,000; Commensurate with Education and Experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and two years of experience.Preferred Qualifications:
As an ideal candidate you will have/be:
- A Master’s Degree in Nursing, Basic Sciences, Clinical Research and/or Health Sciences and ten or more years of project management and/or study coordinator or other research experience in an academic clinical research facility or industry research facility and/or medical/clinical training;
- Licensure as a registered professional nurse in accordance with Chapter 464 Florida Statutes or eligibility to practice nursing in accordance with Section 210 Florida Administrative Code is preferred;
- Expert understanding of research ethics and the responsible conduct of research, with a focus on the regulations and guidelines governing human subject clinical trials;
- Experience with Medicare Coverage Analysis determinations;
- Extensive experience in clinical research including proficiency with databases and/or patient data;
- Strong desire to learn, seek out, and apply new knowledge, methods, and information;
- Expertise in NCTN/ECTCN Cooperative group trials;
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work with a broad range of people including investigators, physicians, clinic and hospital staff, sponsors, partners at other institutions, UFHCC staff, and others;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective, independent, interact professionally, and utilize effective writing and organizational skills;
- Proven sense of professional ethics and conduct, understanding and effectively using and applying Emotional Intelligence strategies and skills;
- Forward-thinking mentality, actively seeking opportunities and proposing creative solutions with strong decision-making capability;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and critical staff, both internally and externally, through a variety of communication mediums and venues;
- Project manager mindset and basic skills including: delegation, scheduling, communication, critical thinking, task and quality management, risk management, and flexibility;
- Proficiency and/or training in project management and awareness of various project management modalities and techniques (PMI, Six Sigma, Agile, Scrum, etc.);
- Exceptional ability to develop project and proposals and drive them to completion through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders across functions, including working directly with University and senior leadership to achieve the goals of ongoing projects;
- Excellent meeting management, group facilitation, and consultation skills;
- Highly collaborative and energetic management style;
- Prior experience (5+ years) as a supervisor or team lead and/or completion of leadership/management training program (eg. Managing at UF – The Supervisory Challenge) highly preferred;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Applicants must upload a copy of the following documents to be considered for this position:
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 30 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time