Research Programs Assistant - UF Health Cancer Center
Job no: 516375
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29300100 - MD-CANCER CTR GENRL OPERATIONS
Research Administration AssistantJob Description:
As the UFHCC Research Programs Assistant, you will provide support to our collaborative research programs, providing direct support to the collaborative research programs of the UFHCC, Mechanisms of Oncogenesis (MOO), Cancer Therapeutics and Host Response (CTHR), and Cancer Population Sciences (CPS), in support of the membership and the transdisciplinary research coming out of these programs. This is a highly visible, critical position and requires an incumbent with a professional demeanor and attitude, a high-level of confidentiality related to sensitive issues, as well as independent and prudent judgement, and plays a critical role in ensuring the Cancer Center meets the stringent requirements of the NCI for designated cancer centers.
In your new role you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing high-level assistance to the Program Leaders of the MOO, CTHR, and CPS intramural research programs in support of the Center’s membership;
- Coordinating program meetings, working with others in Research Administration to ensure appropriate coverage and research support;
- Assists with Research Administration events, including arranging visitors’ travel and honoraria, as needed;
- Assisting with administration of the Center’s membership including maintenance and curation of relevant databases and membership directories;
- Collecting and providing data, metrics, reports and other ad-hoc measures related to the progress of the Center in achieving the strategic goals and NCI-designation mission of the Center Director;
- Providing general administrative support to the ORA, as well as back-up support to other administrative areas of the Center.
This is an entry-level position ideal for candidates with an interest in exploring a career in research administration and/or programs administration/coordination. Employees in these roles operate as part of the Administrative core supporting the mission and operations of the UF Health Cancer Center and are fundamental to the progress of cancer research being conducted at the University of Florida. A complete job description will be provided to candidates selected for interview.Expected Salary:
$19 - $21, hourly; Commensurate with Education and Experience.Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
As an ideal candidate you will have/be:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Journalism or a related field as well as 1-2 years’ experience in administration in an academic research environment preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with University and UFHCC senior leadership, and staff members, vendors and volunteers to achieve the goals of each program being managed;
- Knowledge of University systems, as well as general administrative functions including travel, and complex meeting planning in an academic medical research or higher education environment;
- Exceptional customer service with a professional, approachable demeanor with strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work with a broad range of people;
- Strong desire to learn, seek out, and apply new knowledge, methods, and information;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Forward-thinking mentality, actively seeking opportunities and proposing creative solutions with strong decision-making capability;
- Strongly demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and critical staff, both internally and externally, through a variety of communication mediums and venues;
- Excellent meeting coordination skills, delegation, and attention to detail;
- Proficient time management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple priorities seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrated success and experience in project management, as well as the ability to lead focus groups and committees through project completion;
- Extensive experience with planning, executing, and evaluating programs, meetings and conferences successfully, including vendor selection, site selection, contracting and budgeting;
- Demonstrated integrity, dependability, sound judgment, teamwork and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive and effective working relationships with multiple internal and external partners;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – in person, online and by phone, always maintaining a high level of professionalism and commitment to confidentiality;
- Demonstrated forward-thinking mentality with the ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated strong desire to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and critical staff, both internally and externally, through a variety of communication mediums and venues;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be effective independently, maintain appropriate discretion, and utilize effective writing and organizational skills;
- Exceptional customer service with a professional, trustworthy, approachable demeanor and strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability and desire to work with a broad range of people and appreciate a culturally diverse organization;
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining presentations and senior correspondences;
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Applicants must upload a copy of the following documents to be considered for this position:
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 30 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 07 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time