Laboratory Technician II - Based in Gainesville
Job no: 516439
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Health Profession, Research/Scientific/Grants, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:30090000 - JX-PEDIATRICS-JACKSONVILLE
Laboratory Technician IIJob Description:
- Reviews research procedures and their impact on research goals. Performs scientific experiments for analysis and standardization, including troubleshooting. Maintains laboratory notebook.
- Orders consumables for research use. Catalogs a database of research equipment, consumables, animal models, constructs and cell lines.
- Evaluates data generated and prepares the statistical analysis.
- Prepares and presents reports of research methods and findings. Reviews literature pertinent to the research area.
- Assists PI with determining most suitable technology for given experiments.
- Provides general care/routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Orients and trains students and other trainees on laboratory techniques and general lab duties.
$14.60 to $18.25 per hour depending on education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Associate's degree in an appropriate area and two years of related experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of related experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Fluorescence microscopy (including confocal microscopy), immunohistochemistry, tandem spectroscopy, liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry (LG-MS/MS).
- Tissue/cell culture techniques.
- Molecular biology techniques, such as molecular cloning, transfection, DNA and RNA isolation.
- Protein techniques including enzyme kinetics, subcellular fractionation, immunoprecipitation, immunoblotting, pulse-chase assays.
- Murine models, including breeding, behavioral assessments, drug administration, and post-mortem dissection, perfusion and histology.
- Basic knowledge of software packages such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, GraphPad, PubChem, Fiji (Image J), PDB, Volocity and microscope software ZEN.
- Familiarity with concepts of parametric and non-parametric statistics.
This is a time-limited position. Time limited positions are based on circumstances, such as funding sources, which control the length of time for which the position is available.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Background Check is Required.
To be considered you must upload your Cover Letter, Resume/CV, and 3 References.
University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville: Visit this link to watch the video.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 30 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 07 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time