Head Athletic Trainer - Athletics Office
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking candidates for the Head Athletic Trainer position in the Athletics Office.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, this position is responsible for providing care to intercollegiate student-athletes.
- Will lead and guide all training related activities associated with the FVSU Athletic Department and its teams. In addition, coordinate engagement with the team physician, and associated medical practitioners in prevention, immediate care, and rehabilitation of injuries sustained by Fort Valley State University student-athletes.
- Carry out policies and procedures of the athletic training facilities and FVSU Department of Athletics
- Direct and provide athletic training coverage and supervision of intercollegiate athletic teams during practices, games, and strength and conditioning sessions as assigned.
- Travel required.
- Coordinate physical exams and pre-participation paperwork for student-athletes through the team physician or designee.
- Perform selected portions of the physical exam under the direction and supervision of the team physician.
- Apply specific and appropriate taping, bracing, and other protective/supportive devices in order to prevent injury or re-injury.
- Monitor environmental conditions of playing and practice areas in order to make recommendations regarding the safety of the student-athlete, following accepted and recommended guidelines.
- Refer the student-athlete to medical personnel (i.e. physicians, physical therapists, nutritionists, and other allied health professionals) in order to ensure appropriate medical evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation by implementing standard verbal and/or written orders.
- Maintain appropriate medical records.
- Be familiar with emergency action plans for each athletic venue.
- Familiarize student-athletes with the FVSU Athletic Department's Drug Testing and Counseling program.
- Provide education and counseling in health related matters to the student-athletes and coaches.
- Direct the student-athletes and coaches to professionals in order that the student-athlete may receive consultation for social and/or personal programs on specific topics, and by personal consultation.
- Perform other clinical duties as assigned by Director of Athletics.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Abide by all written policies and procedures of FVSU, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution is preferred. Certified Athletic Trainer as designated by the Board of Certification Licensed to practice in the state of Georgia, or eligible.
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references including contact information.Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com