Job Title: Laboratory Chemist
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36476
Analytical ServicesJob Description
Develops, standardizes, prepares, and performs laboratory analyses in food, feeds, biological materials, and related products, involving complex scientific instruments and procedures to include HPLC and GLC.
(1) Performs professional technical project tasks and participates in a variety of laboratory procedures to include sample preparations.
(2) Performs routine tasks and laboratory analyses as assigned using existing Official Methods of Analysis and other existing procedures.
(3) Prepares studies and reports that assist senior level associates.
(4) Performs a variety of standard assignments and responsibilities and makes recommendations for improvement/efficiency, as necessary.
(5) Conducts various analyses, reports and research based on specialized procedures. Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems.
(6) Analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments.
(7) Works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet established deadlines.
(8) Assists in the maintenance of a laboratory inventory to sustain ongoing analytical work.
(9) Available for rotational weekend duties with analytical team related to checks on analytical instrumentation and basic sample preparation.
(10) Develops working relationships with immediate, related teams.
(11) May mentor, supervise, and/or assist, as needed, other staff in completing laboratory duties.
(12) Receives instruction, guidance, and/or direction from the laboratory Director or designated senior level individual.
Salary Range: $16.92 - $30.68 per hour
University Title: Research Specialist II
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.Shift
Monday-Friday,7:30 AM - 4:30 PM.Minimum Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience and at least 1 year of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree in related/relevant area and at least 2 years of chemical laboratory experience, is required. Prior experience in analytical chemistry and related laboratory equipment, and proficiency in Excel, is preferred.Application Materials
A complete resume detailing education and work experiences, and two (2) letters of reference.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: