Client Technologies Technician II
Job Title: Client Technologies Technician II
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 34657
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339.Job Description PURPOSE AND SCOPE: The Client Technologies Tech II will be responsible for supporting and maintaining PC, peripherals, in-house audio-visual equipment, and non-print media assets as required. This will include operating, maintaining, distributing, installing, configuring, repairing, and upgrading various PC, audiovisual, and media products while ensuring their optimal performance. Will support services for specialized computing and/or multiple technologies and perform complex and diverse computer and/or AV support activities. The Client Technologies Tech II will work directly with faculty and staff to define PC Desktop and/or AV requirements. This position is a member of a 24/7/365 global department. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide desktop and AV Support to all Faculty, Staff, and students; Assist with the planning, setup, and monitoring of Campus/AV events including calendar & AV appointmentsSupport and maintain technology including PC, peripherals, in-house audio-visual equipment, and non-print media assets as required; Operate, maintain, distribute, install, configure, repair, and upgrade various PC, audiovisual, and media products while ensuring their optimal performanceTroubleshoot highly complex technical problems and perform analyses to determine root cause of problems; Perform software troubleshooting on customers’ computers as related to hardware or software issuesMonitor the ticket queue to ensure that service level agreements are being met and customers are being taken care of in a timely mannerCreate or update software package that are required on the base configuration of LSC computers; Work with project teams in the design, creation, and/or in testing of new products, services, and proceduresAssist customers through consultation, diagnosis, and implementation of solutions that are reasonably within resources and that will leverage existing technologies at the CollegeInstall and remediate AV equipment including but not limited to classroom setups, podium assembly, cable termination, projectors, screens, control equipment, etc. with the usage of both hand and power toolsPerform periodic checks of computer labs and classrooms to make sure that all PC and AV equipment is functioning properlyProvide end-user training and assistance and collaborate with other teams and departments to find solutions to end-user’s goals and technical needsWork with OTS team members to improve user experienceDeploy lab environment computers and maintain software development and hardware changes to fit class needsResponsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
- Possesses specialized knowledge of PC Desktop and/or AV systems, processes, or software as requiredHighly detailed understanding of Windows and Mac operating systemsDemonstrated background of strong customer service orientationHighly skilled at explaining technical subjects to non- technical as well as technical customersHas deeper knowledge of the specific area or areas of IT in which they specializeMaintains an awareness of state of the art concepts, practices and technologies and applies this awareness to his/her workUnderstands the purpose and operations of other teams within ITAbility to extrapolate existing information/practices to solve problems; May help team members and/or customers clarify somewhat complex problems or situationsAbility to identify and resolve issues (e.g., technical, disagreements, business concerns) within a groupAbility to translate technical information into specifications or action plans; May probe with customers to discover unexpressed informationAbility to, with or without formal authority, persuades and influences othersAbility to negotiate needed actions, using established precedentsAbility to informally coach others (e.g., students, new hires, other team members or customers)Ability to recommend new procedures affecting several teamsDemonstrated ability to prioritize tasks to be completed in the short-termAbility to identify complex, multi-faceted problems and takes immediate action to address themKnows and follows standard operating procedures
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in Microsoft Windows or Mac environments, calculator, phone and other general office equipmentInterface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the positionWork is performed both indoors in a climate-controlled office environment and outside in non-climate controlled areas
- High school diploma or GED and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experienceOne additional year of work experience may be substituted for each required certificationCompTIA A+ Certification or industry recognized equivalent
- Associate’s degree3 years of related work experienceMicrosoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)ITIL Foundations or industry recognized equivalentHP Self MaintainerLSC LeapInfoComm/AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist – GeneralInfoComm/AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist – DesignInfoComm/AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist – InstallationAV CertificationApple Certified AssociateCertification on PC and Mac printers
Hiring salary range is $42,861 - $49,290
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.Special Instructions Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts. You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.