Student Accounts Analyst
Job Title: Student Accounts Analyst
Location: Student Accounts
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 605386
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
Only complete applications including the NAU application, a cover letter outlining interest in the position and how past experience matches with job requirements, and a resume with 3 professional references will be considered.
**This is a part time position on the Flagstaff Mountain Campus. 19 hours per week required.**
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
- Provide excellent customer service through all points of contact with customers including walk-ins, phones, email, instant message, and Salesforce.
- Assists supervisors with Emergency Loan application processes; Reviews Emergency Loan requirements with applicants and completes necessary processing steps.
- Prioritize and provide responses to urgent Salesforce cases, emails, and instant messages.
- Work in coordination with front counter Student Employees.
- Preparation of 14-day loan return forms.
- Work professionally and courteously with colleagues in Student Accounts and other departments to assist with account related concerns. This includes answering questions from the on campus Contact Center and Service Center as well as reaching out to other departments to resolve customer inquiries.
- Interpret student questions as they relate to the account. Use critical thinking to accurately review the account and deliver potentially complex information in a way that is understood by the customer. Inform customers regarding their financial obligations and provide guidance to next steps.
- Maintain knowledge of Student Accounts website and online resources to help customers.
- Maintain knowledge of PeopleSoft, TouchNet, and Salesforce.
- Reply to email and Salesforce cases promptly and professionally.
- Direct walk-ins, email, phone calls, and Salesforce cases to the appropriate areas within Student Accounts.
- Assist in carrying out day to day functions of the office such as processing outgoing and incoming mail, maintaining check logs, opening and closing procedures and securing documents.
- Assists the front counter and other areas of the department with projects including special assignments from supervising staff.
- Assists Office Supervisor with New Student Orientation activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of important dates and deadlines for the office as well as other closely related departments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years clerical accounting and customer service experience; OR
- Associates degree in Business Administration or related field OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Must have year round availability.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft.
- Established customer service experience including the ability to clearly communicate with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional environment with strong communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Critical thinking, multitasking, and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well with little supervision
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures in area of assignment.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Skill in use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
Open until further notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.