Support Professional, Training Solutions - External
Job Title: Support Professional, Training Solutions - External
Location: Tassell M-TEC
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 1135
Org Marketing Statement
Date: April 29, 2021 Position Title: Support Professional, Training Solutions Position Number: 1135 Hours Per Week: 24 Hours/52 weeks Salary Schedule: APSS- Level C, $16.42 Reports to: Customized Training Manager, Training Solutions Posting Posting closes: May 13, 2021 SUMMARY This position serves as the Customized Training Support Professional (Enrollment and Billing) to the Training Solutions Department under the School of Workforce Development by providing support to various processes within the department. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide data entry for customized training students in College electronic systems (i.e. PeopleSoft, Continuity). Maintain trainee records, student/organizational IDs, prepare training certificates. Create invoices, track and post revenue to the College systems for customized and Continuing Education. Maintain orderly files and accurate information for timely internal and external reporting. Assist with mailings and typing of memos and forms. Respond appropriately to and direct telephone or e-mail inquiries for internal and external customers. Produce monthly reporting for customized training, including quotes, contracts, class expenses and revenue and MNJTP company progress reports. Assist with the preparation of correspondences, documents, presentations and forms. Organize and maintain effective filing system. Responsible for depositing cash and checks, following College guidelines, weekly. Process all credit card payments for customized training. Other duties as assigned. Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Assist in answering phones and guiding visitors. Coordinate work with other offices and departments and serve as back-up for M-TEC receptionist as determined by Customized Training Manager. Help arrange and prepare materials for meetings.
- Associates Degree or comparable combination of relevant education and experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a business or educational setting. Basic bookkeeping and billing knowledge preferred. National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required. Willingness to learn PeopleSoft (CWIS), Continuity, and other electronic systems. Past history of dependability, excellent attendance, and punctuality. Demonstrated ability in customer service skills including effective communication and pleasant, helpful manner both in person and on telephone required. Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Finalists will be required to complete an office testing module and meet minimum standards, plus possess excellent proofreading skills and have aptitude for detail work. An in-basket assignment may be required.
- Ability to work with details and figures to produce accurate information. Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving, trouble shooting and follow-up abilities. Ability to perform daily routine and unexpected duties with minimum supervision. Must possess skills to work effectively with people of diverse ages, ethnic, sexual and socio-economic backgrounds. Must meet minimum standards of the Administrative Professional Support Staff testing process (testing components: ability to type a minimum of 45-50 words per minutes, proficiency in basic math, edit/format letter, data entry, as well as in Excel/spreadsheets) plus possess excellent proofreading skills and have aptitude for detail work including recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Responsibility ¿ Information Skills ¿ Writing Teamwork ¿ Speaking ¿ Reasoning Adaptability ¿ Decisive ¿ Vision Listening ¿ Reading ¿ Leadership Skills Achievement ¿ Ingenuity ¿ Judgement & Decision Making
- Getting Information ¿ Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or ¿ Documenting/Recording Information
- Interacting with Computers ¿ Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal ¿ Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization