Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance
Assistant Athletic Director for ComplianceType of Employment:
Regular Full-TimeWork Location:
12 MonthsPosition Type:
Staff - Exempt(Monthly)Department:
Athletics Student ServicesSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance will keep the Senior Associate Athletic Director and the Director of Athletics aware of progress and issues related to maintaining institutional compliance with NCAA, OVC, and university rules, as well as reporting to the Director of Athletics all violations of those rules. Manage all aspects of departmental compliance program. The position will also assist with selected game day operations.
• Day to day Compliance Administrator. Manage all aspects of the NCAA/OVC compliance program.
• Educate, monitor and audit those involved with athletics.
• Publish and maintain Compliance Policies and Procedures Manual and Annual Calendar.
• Provide thorough and accurate rules interpretations.
• Maintain the university compliance website and social media outreach.
• Maintain a thorough working knowledge of NCAA and OVC rules.
• Coordinate the National Letter of Intent Program.
• Serve as the Athletics Department liaison to Financial Aid, Scholarship Office and Faculty Athletics Representative.
• Assists the coaches in organizing, coordinating, and supervising the recruiting efforts of fifteen (15) sports.
• Compile practice and playing seasons reports.
• Coordinate Initial Eligibility through NCAA Eligibility Center.
• Coordinate all tasks associated with projecting, awarding and processing athletic grants-in-aid.
• Monitor all recruiting activities: travel, official visits, unofficial visits, etc.
• Process and manage all reports, squad lists and financial aid.
• Serve on OVC/NCAA committees as applicable.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Athletic Director and the Director of Athletics.
• As a member of the Murray State University Athletic Department, you shall comply with all applicable NCAA rules and regulations as provided in the NCAA Division I Manual. If you are found in violation of NCAA regulations, you shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations.
• Serve as co-advisor to Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC).
• Serve as department contact for the NCAA IPP. Responsible for timely and accurate data input each academic year.
• Responsible for game management for sports of Soccer, Baseball and other sports as assigned.
• Responsible for assisting with game management in the sports of Football & Basketball.
• Bachelor’s degree required.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Ability to work well with students, faculty, community, and media.
• Demonstrated understanding and strong commitment to cultural diversity.
• Good communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong organizational skills.
• At least one year of experience in dealing with NCAA compliance is required, preferably at the Division I level.
• Master’s degree preferred.Posting Date:
05/20/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
• Contact information for three (3) references