Tech Support Specialist
The 2nd Shift Technical Support Specialist provides high quality computer-related technical support to a wide range of university constituents electronically, either by phone, or in person, primarily at the Information Technology Services Help Desk. This person will ensure that all calls/requests for assistance received by Information Technology Services Client Services are thoroughly tracked and answered. They will ensure that all requests for assistance are handled as efficiently as possible and know when to escalate urgent issues.
The ideal candidate will suggest technical solutions that improve the efficiency of Client Services support operations and reviews documentation for correctness prior to release to supported university constituents. They will actively participate in the testing and evaluation of software or upcoming new platforms. They have demonstrated ability to research relevant technologies and offer insight into possible use of these technologies, showing that they actively stay abreast of IT support challenges and offerings.
They will assist with overseeing the internationally-recognized TECH Center operations during weekend and evening times, if needed for emergencies, providing an onsite ITS presence and leading student workers.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of directly related technical experience. Demonstrated experience with mobile technology, especially Android and iOS. Experience with PC and Mac system configuration, troubleshooting and software installation. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.Required Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to work the following days/shifts: 4-day weekday/weekend position during the Fall and Spring semesters, typically covering Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:30AM to 8:30 PM and Saturdays 9:00am to 7:30pm. During the summer sessions and intersessions, hours/days will vary; flexibility is required.
* Proven outstanding customer service, in-person and telephone skills along with the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff.
* Demonstrated ability to interact with others through both oral and written communications.
* Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
* Ability to work nights and/or weekends, as necessary.Preferred:
* Knowledge of higher education environment and applications (such as Canvas, Banner, Zoom, MS Teams or other applications such as Video Editing software or Adobe Creative Suite).Please note this position will temporarily work remotely, the duration of remote work will be at the discretion of Temple University and the department.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-Tech Center
Employee Status: Regular