Manager Finance/Acctg - CJTP
Reporting to the Director of Criminal Justice Training Programs, this position plans and directs the accounting activities and the financial operations in CJTP. The incumbent will be responsible for the design and implementation of fiscal planning to forecast, prepare and monitor contracts, grants and several sponsored projects. This will include the approval of expenditures for several FOAPALs totaling $3-$5 million. In addition, the incumbent will oversee department payroll, assist with project management, perform financial queries, prepare summary and detailed reports, handle all financial audit inquires and cost center reconciliation(s), and supervise the department’s fiscal assistant/business staff. The incumbent will review monthly reconciliations and financial reporting requirements and monitor all departmental expenditures to ensure accuracy. The incumbent will possess a high degree of financial accountability for all FOAPALs, and therefore must be able to work within the fiscal system of Temple University and make responsible financial decisions. In addition, the incumbent will establish priorities and provide project management enforcing spending limits to ensure all projects are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of related finance/accounting experience.Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and spreadsheet analysis is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to supervise prepare journal entries/transfers and the development of spreadsheets.
* Demonstrated expertise of standard financial practices.
* Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to work with large financial data sets.
* Demonstrated organizational skills and multi-tasking skills, along with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to work within the fiscal systems at a University level and to make financial decisions.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with a diverse group of internal and external constituents.Preferred:
* Familiarity with Temple University’s financial systems.
* Strong financial management and reporting skills.
This is a grant funded position.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Ambler-Ambler Campus
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular