Library Assistant II
Located on six Georgia State University campuses throughout metro Atlanta, the University Library provides faculty and students with open, and inviting educational facilities and an active online experience. As an integral part of the University community, the library welcomed more than 2 million visitors in the past year. As a valued partner in student success, the library supports both teaching and research with extensive collections, innovative solutions, and outstanding assistance. For additional information about the Georgia State University Library, visit library.gsu.edu.
- Completes basic circulation functions, such as checking in/out and renewing library materials and spaces.
- Answers patron questions in-person or by phone regarding library services, resources, general campus queries.
- Manage patron records, including updating account information and communicating notes to other users, providing status updates for items on loan and requested materials, and reinstating/restricting borrowing privileges.
- Assists patrons with placing and/or receiving library inter-campus loans, GIL Express, and ILL requests. Explain and enforce library policies and procedures.
- Manages lost and found, which includes following University Library best practices.
- Monitors inventory of student use paper and print cartridges and notifies appropriate contact persons to order additional supplies.
- Processes daily incoming/outgoing mail, which includes fulfilling call slip requests via inter-campus, ARCHE, and Stat mail. Assist with larger-scale library projects and events, including space and collection management and campus programming.
- Participate in professional development, professional conferences and departmental committees, meetings/trainings.
High school diploma or GED and one year of library, customer service, or office experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
05/03/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: University Library
Location: Dunwoody Campus
Job Posting: 04/30/21, 10:36:58 AM