Student Recruitment Coordinator
Overview and Responsibilities
In collaboration with the Recruitment & Marketing teams, the Student Recruitment Coordinator interacts with community members, employers, and K12 partners as well as prospective students in the early stages of the recruitment pipeline. The Student Recruitment Coordinator works to build relationships with and guide prospective students through the phases of application and enrollment, facilitates campus tours, and coordinates recruitment events. The Student Recruitment Coordinator places a large focus on contacting prospective students by phone and email and spends dedicated time completing follow-up contacts to ensure prospective students choose CVTC. This position reports to the Recruitment and Business Development Manager.
- Be a highly engaged member of CVTC’s Recruitment & Marketing teams focused on fostering and maintaining positive working relationships with prospective students, community agencies, and organizations to ensure CVTC is viewed positively as a community resource and considered a premier partner in education and training.
- Serve as liaison to prospective students to explain the academic benefits of CVTC programs and post-secondary technical education.
- Provide excellent customer service and strategically engage with prospective students in the recruitment and admissions process to meet pre-determined recruitment targets.
- Engage in active and targeted solicitation of and follow up with prospective students through phone, email, web chat, and other forms of communications to explain the benefits of a degree from CVTC.
- Foster, develop, and nurture prospective students who engage with the College prior to being assigned to a College Specialist.
- Provide guidance to prospective adult and high school students on academic programming, career planning, assessment resources, post-secondary education opportunities, admissions, financial aid, and CVTC support services through multiple avenues.
- Evaluate and adapt departmental business processes based on internal and external customer needs.
- Maintain and ensure optimal utilization of online calendar and web chat systems utilized by the Recruitment team to ensure consistency and maximum efficiency.
- Provide guidance and coordinate training for student recruitment workers (student ambassadors).
- Assist with implementation of recruitment strategies district-wide and represent CVTC at recruitment functions.
- Track, tabulate, and report inquiries, responses, and recruitment data and follow up through the designated software to ensure matriculation outcome goals are attained.
- Foster and maintain positive working relationships within the College as well as with community partners in order to support recruitment activities.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of campus tours and recruitment events (in-person and virtual) for prospective students and members of the community.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in social media platforms use.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to organize and multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently toward department goals.
- Ability to use judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to interpret and communicate College policies and procedures.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Proficient knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, virtual meeting platforms, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekend as well as travel to various regional campuses as necessary, schools, and other sites in CVTC's 11-county district as needed to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- Associate’s degree in a marketing, sales, or administrative professional related area.
- Minimum of one year of practical experience in a marketing, sales, or customer service role.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.Benefits Summary
- Health insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents with attached Health Savings Account (HSA) and wellness incentive
- Dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity program
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement (eligibility requirements apply)
- Professional development
Generally, with the exception of tuition reimbursement, benefits eligibility begins on the first date of employment (i.e., there is no waiting period).
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711