Mechanical Equipment Specialist, Facilities Plant (Internal Candidates Only)
Job no: 495169
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Categories: Facilities - Maintenance
- Under direction of a supervisory official in a state department, institution, agency, or state college, takes a leading part in the mechanical maintenance, adjustment, and repair of heating, air conditioning, and refrigerating systems, and auxiliary equipment, and may operate these systems as required; does other related duties as required.
Examples of Work:
- Takes the leading part in the maintenance of engines, diesels, turbines, motors generators, oil burners, and auxiliary equipment used in power and heating plants, heating and air conditioning, and refrigeration systems, and may operate these systems.
- Maintains and repairs generators and motors, feed and vacuum pumps, conveyors and blowers; repairs and adjusts compressors, thermostats, pumps, filters, screens, condensers, and other heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment.
- Overhauls pumps, compressors, and related equipment, installs new parts as needed, and replaces bearing, shaft sleeves, gaskets, and packing.
- Installs and assists in the repair of sheet metal ducts and registers, cover piping, sheet metal ducts and fittings with asbestos, or other compositions.
- Analyzes all mechanical systems through the computerized monitor.
- Installs and repairs heating and cooling coils.
- Performs soldering and silver soldering and welding.
- Uses testing equipment for heating and refrigeration.
- Properly balances systems and rigs for dismantling of mechanical equipment.
- Installs and repairs pneumatic control damper and valves.
- Changes oil and lubricates mechanical equipment.
- Obtains, stores, records, safeguards, and properly uses equipment materials and supplies. Prepares reports. Maintains records of time spent, materials used, and work completed.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Three (3) years of experience in work involving the installation, inspection, repair, maintenance, and operation of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems, machinery, diesel generators, and auxiliary equipment including welding, piping, and insulation.
- Applicants may be required to possess a valid Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician Certification of the appropriate level, commensurate with the type of equipment serviced, issued under the authority of the Federal Environmental Protection Agency.
- Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
- This position is open to current Rowan employees in the competitive or non-competitive division who have an aggregate of one (1) year of continuous permanent service as of the closing date and meet the experience requirement listed above.
Work Hours (Please note that the currently listed shift and availability of same are subject to change to meet the operational needs of the department):
- Monday through Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm.
- In addition to regularly scheduled work shifts, the successful candidate must possess the ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime hours when required.
- Range C18
- Only completed online internal applications submitted before the deadline will be considered.
- Only those internal candidates who possess both the title eligibility and requirements stated above will receive interviews.
- For promotions, this would be a provisional opportunity pending exam.
Advertised: Apr 29 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 13 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time