Full-Time PK-12 Staff Assistant
Department:: CARES Act Institutional Funds-2
Locations:: Haverhill, MA
Posted:: Apr 27, 2021
Closes:: May 11, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type:: Full-time Temporary
Position ID:: 130417
POSITION: Full-Time PK-12 Senior Staff Assistant: Division of Student Affairs, PK12 Partnerships Department; 37.5 hours per week; Pay Grade 3; MCCC/MTA Professional Position. This is a temporary, Grant Funded (CARES) Position through December 31, 2021.
Summary: The PK12 Partnerships department works with regional high schools to create dual enrollment opportunities for high school students, develop partnerships for student learning K-12, and offer professional development support to regional school districts.
The Staff Assistant for PK12 Partnerships provides data management, student information processing, and operational support for Dual Enrollment and Early College programs under the leadership of the Executive Director of PK12 Partnerships and International Studies.
The Staff Assistant works with PK12 Executive Director and Assistant Director(s) to process dual enrollment applications, manage shared student databases, off site, student registration, processing student academic alerts and progress reports, manage on campus events.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will serve as a productive member of the PK-12 team working to meet the goals of PK-12 and the college as a whole.
- Email management for information accounts (PK12)
- Publications and mailing
- Data entry; registrations, student payments, and confidential information
- Execute annual task and timelines for multiple school programs
- NECC campus event coordination- scheduling, booking, and coordination
- Request quotes, manage ordering, and update budgets
- Information sharing for grant writing and reports
- Publications development and distribution
- Update and maintain shared database and file management systems
- Meet with/speak with parents regarding NECC PK-12 academic and summer programs
- Track student involvement and attendance
- Routinely navigate Banner and Degreeworks
- Coordinate building use and schedules with appropriate offices at NECC
- Schedule and facilitate payment of visiting speakers on campus
- Daily program assistance for Dual Enrollment, Early College, and other PK-12 programs as needed
- Coordinating placement testing for high school students at assigned schools.
- Maintaining data on students served during grant activities.
- Coordinating student registration process including tracking and monitoring registration, FERPA, parent student agreement, HS CEEB, SASID, course prerequisites, required text and materials for courses in the early college programs at assigned high schools
- Scheduling campus tours and activities for groups of students as needed which entails working with representatives from school districts, NECC faculty, and Admissions to schedule, facilities and food orders, etc
- Manage textbook ordering with bookstore
- Meeting with site coordinators off campus
- Manage work study students on campus
- The Classification Specification is available at:https://www.mass.edu/shared/classificationspecs/specsmccc/Senior Staff Assistant - HB 1212.doc
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, Business Administration, Computer Science, or other related field and/or three (3) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience working as part of a team.
- Experience with data entry and analysis.
- Knowledge of technology as it relates to student information, scheduling, and communication systems.
- Outstanding communication skills are required, both verbal and written with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with ethnic, cultural, socially diverse populations and a multi-campus environment.
- Experience working in Higher Education or K-12 institution, including experience in the use of data management systems.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- Experience with Banner, Constant Contact, 25Live, DegreeWorks, Access.
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse, urban population in a Hispanic-Serving Institution.
GRADE AND SALARY:
- $47,597 - $54,063 annually. Complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, free dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.
- Actual salary will be determined in accordance with classification determination of MCCC/MTA salary schedule commensurate with education and experience. Transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: June 2021
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online.
DEADLINE: May 11, 2021
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219,
978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery