Work Study Archives Student Assistant
Job Title: Work Study Archives Student Assistant
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 226719
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR CURRENT CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL WORK STUDY! YOU MUST CHECK WITH FINANCIAL AID TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.
The University Archives Department is seeking a mature Student Assistant to work within the department. The student will be responsible for developing a weekly schedule between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday–Friday with the University Archivist. Archival orientation and basic archival job training will be provided to selected candidate.Responsibilities
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Title must:
1. Assist with collection maintenance and preservation
2. Assist with intake and logging in of newly donated materials
3. Inventory collection & accession materials for electronic data entry
4. Assist with preparation and composing of Finding Aids
5. Assist with creation and preparation of exhibits and displays
6. Greet and assist visitors to the Archives
7. Scan/digitize collection materials
8. Create PDF copies of materials and documents
9. Enter collection metadata into software program
10. Photograph materials
11. Filing items
12. Transcription of audio recordings
13. Daily climate capture and logging of temperature and humidity
14. Answer phones when Archivist is not availableRequired Qualifications
1. Mature with a strong work ethic
2. Must have respect for historical documents and items
3. Detail-oriented and methodical
4. Good command of the English language-written and oral
6. Able to follow detailed instructions
7. Comfortable in asking for additional instructions or information
9. Good time-management skills
10. Work well with others on team projects
11. Work well independently to reach goals
1. IT experience or background very helpful
2. Ability to learn new software quickly
4. Microsoft Office Suite
5. Adobe, Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
6. Web page creation /web coding
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.