Limited Term Faculty of Marketing
Job Title: Limited Term Faculty of Marketing
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226663
The Department of Management and Marketing is the largest department in the MCCB and includes concentrations in Entrepreneurship, Digital Marketing, Professional Sales, and Supply Chain Management in the BBA degree program. The MCCB is an AACSB-accredited business school, with over 4,800 students. The College includes the Center for Cyber Operations Education, Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and the BB&T Center for Ethical Leadership. In addition to the BBA, the college offers undergraduate degrees in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Technology Management, and Paralegal Studies, and three associate degrees. Graduate programs include the Cottrell MBA, Master of Accountancy, and three graduate certificates. The international group of teacher-scholars provides an exceptional learning community to prepare students for their professional roles and to engage with business and industry in the region to foster economic development.Job Summary
The Department of Management and Marketing in the Mike Cottrell College of Business at the University of North Georgia (UNG) invites applicants for the position of 1-year Limited Term faculty for 2022-2023. The successful candidate(s) will have the opportunity to teach marketing courses at the undergraduate level.Responsibilities
- Use innovative teaching and learning techniques to provide high quality undergraduate marketing courses Value a student-centered, experiential learning approach in the classroom and be engaged in significant marketing practice.
- Engage with business/marketing community to further the goals of the Mike Cottrell College of Business (ex. connecting students to potential employers for internships/jobs).
Knolwdge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of teaching and learning practices; knowledge of theoretical, pedagogical and applied concepts in the area of marketing;
- Innovative pedagogy, communication skills, etc.
- Ability to integrate best practices from industry; ability to work as part of a collaborative team; passion for working with students to develop their skills and expertise.
- An earned master’s degree in an area with a primary focus on marketing, with at least 18 graduate hours in marketing, preferably from an AACSB-accredited institution, is required at time of hire.
- Substantive and significant industry experience relevant to marketing.
- Ph.D. in Marketing preferred; Certifications in the area of Marketing also preferred.
- Industry experience or consulting in the space is a plus.
- Record of or potential to publish in quality marketing journals also a plus.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.