Intramural Sports Official - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Intramural Sports Official - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 226713
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Intramural Sports Official on the Dahlonega campus. Each Intramural Sports official is responsible for managing and directing each contest to the best of their ability. Duties specific to an official include attending specified trainings for each sport as well as attending evaluation/film sessions to review each contest. Each official must be able to utilize conflict/resolution skills on a daily basis.Responsibilities
- Attend all multi-day training clinics for each sport officiated. Training dates are located at ung.edu/recsports or by emailing Rob Kelly at [email protected]
- Officiate a specified sport from start to finish (arriving 30 min before contest begins for setup)
- Show willingness to accept constructive criticism and feedback from supervisors
- Attend evaluation/film sessions weekly to review rule knowledge, mechanics, etc..
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Applicants must be willing to dedicate themselves to learning and retaining all rules for each officiated sport.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, motivation, enthusiasm, and attention to detail are a must
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- A general knowledge of sport is preferred
- Cover letter
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.