Job Title: Groundskeeper ll
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226524
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Groundskeeper II on the Gainesville campus. The Groundskeeper II is responsible for landscape work in a University environment.Responsibilities
- Physically demanding manual labor consisting of lawn, flower and shrub care.
- Digging, spraying, edging and power tool operation.
- Other duties as assigned, including building or property maintenance support as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to operate power tools, large landscape machinery and heavy equipment.
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Must be able to understand and follow specific oral and written instruction.
- Must have the ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time, often in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to work at heights up to 65 feet.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of grounds/landscaping experience.
- Must possess a valid State of Georgia Driver's License.
- Cover letter
5/14/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.