The purpose of the Graphic Designer position is to design and produce engaging digital and print communications to support Univeristy marketing efforts. This position will also promote the goals of the institutuion through professional communication and closely work with campus partners to meet the mission of the University of North Dakota.Duties & Responsibilities
Design and produce print and digital communicationsDevelop visual designs for print and digital communications.Collaborate with Marketing & Communications team members to understand and implement marketing tactics and communication plans.Ensure artwork meets specifications for print and digital delivery.Work with University Photographers to select images and ensure photo quality.Collaborate with Content Strategist to ensure artwork and content support each other.Prepare concepts and artwork drafts for review; complete edits to artwork as needed.Optimize graphic designs for use in digital and print formats.Provide project status updates through the team’s project management system. Deliver final marketing materials by assigned due dates.Ensure artwork meets UND identity guidelines. Research new trends and technologies; implement as appropriate.Participate in campus-wide marketing and communication activities.Serve as a trusted advisor for marketing and communication efforts by providing counsel as assigned.Conduct research to acquire feedback on designs.Collaborate in the creation of marketing plans and medium selection. Serve as a contributing member of the Division of Marketing & Communications and University of North Dakota staff.
- Contribute to an optimistic and enthusiastic workplace that challenges and energizes staff.Support the workplace culture of the Division and University by demonstrating the professional conduct and values expected of all employees. Be forward thinking and explore new opportunities for growth and improvement. Continually improve and advance personal leadership through professional development and continuing education.Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, retreats, planning sessions, trainings, and other meetings/events as required.Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working across diverse mediums, including print, digital and other emerging media.
- Demonstrated project management experience creating project plans with concise, executable timelines and measurable results.
- Experience working in an environment with multiple deadlines, including demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet multiple requests.
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including writing marketing copy for the media, print and/or the Web.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Computer experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat, Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Internet, e-mail, and web research.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- Manage time while working on several projects at once.
- Ability to have grace under pressure and work efficiently under time constraints while producing high quality work.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, communications, advertising, business, visual arts or related field; May 2021 graduates will be considered, degree must be conferred by start date.
- Experience with design applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in designing and working across diverse mediums, including print, digital and other emerging media.
- Experience in branding and marketing skills.
- Applicants are required to provide a portfolio showcasing their work by either uploading their portfolio or by providing a web link within their application materials.
- Interview process may require candidate to design UND branded print and digital pieces by getting the tools they need and follow our brand guidelines.
- Successful completion of a Criminal History Background Check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
- One year of experience in a graphic design, marketing, communications, project management or advertising position, including branding, research, design and promotions.
- Experience in design research techniques.
- Experience with photography principals and techniques.
- Experience with higher education marketing trends, strategies and tactics.
- Experience with marketing trends in today’s competitive environment, especially related to higher education.
- Experience with custom Illustration.
- Experience with HTML 5.
- Experience using a project management system, such as Asana.
$38,000/Annual, Full-Time, Benefited, ExemptWork Schedule/Start Date
8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Start Date: May 24, 2021Benefits
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.To Apply
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.Additional Information
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.EEO Statement
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.Veteran’s Preference
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.Clery Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.