10018309 Customer Service Representative I
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Office of the Registrar Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the evaluation, maintenance and updating of student academic records.
Work collaboratively to complete all front counter assignments:
- Processes student transient records.
- Processes re-admittance applications; analyzes applications to determine student status.
- Responds to student questions regarding re-admissions.
- Processes transcripts for evaluation; evaluates transcripts.
- Enters transfer credit to student records.
- Assists in updating catalogs.
- Tracks returning provisional students and new students for missing transcripts, transient letters, etc.; notifies students of requirements; places holds.
- Processes student petitions.
- Enters grade changes.
- Monitors Learning Support student records.
- Assists with registration activities.
- Answer telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
- Responds to queries from faculty, staff and students concerning academic policies and procedures.
Assist with coordination and organization:
- Assists the Registrar with end-of-term processing.
- Files grade sheets, incomplete forms, split rosters, etc; scans hard copies to produce electronic records.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of university admission and re-admission policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of records management principles.
- Knowledge of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requirements.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Registrar assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include Board of Regents policies, FERPA requirements, and university policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of related duties in the evaluation, updating and maintenance of student academic records. Strict guidelines contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to process and maintain student records. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of the Registrar’s Office.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university personnel, faculty, staff, students, representatives of other institutions, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to justify, defend or settle matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with an associate degree.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Salary grade 10.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018306 Customer Service Rep I 4.30.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D