10017928 Mathematics Academic Success Coordinator
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Mathematics Academic Resource Center Primary Location: Cochran Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for coordination of the day-to-day activities of the Mathematics Academic Resource Center (MARC) on the Cochran campus. This will include tutoring, overseeing tutoring and instructional programs, hiring tutors, creating and maintaining mathematical resources, and advertising the center on the campus.
- Hires peer tutors and professional staff; coordinates tutor schedules
- Observes tutoring activities and provides feedback.
- Coordinates the maintenance of center facilities, technology and other equipment.
- Tutors students in a Mathematics
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of academic tutoring principles and practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs (ALEKS, MyMathLab, Web Assign, etc)
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in Microsoft Office programs, Learning management systems ( D2L, Blackboard)
- Familiarity with current technology trends and social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, National Tutoring Association guidelines, and college policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied program coordination duties.
- The purpose of this position is to coordinate the operations of the MARC. Success in this position contributes to the retention and progression of students.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, vendors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, and uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position has direct supervision over student tutors.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with having had a similar position for one to two years.
- This position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Salary grade 14.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10017928 Mathematics Academic Success Coordinator”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D