Administrative Support Coordinator II - Special Session
Job no: 500000
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
The Administrative Support Coordinator will work independently, under general supervision, to provide moderately complex administrative and clerical support to the School Director and School students, faculty, and staff. This position will reside within the School of Social Work in the College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Assists in coordinating and processing hiring paperwork, travel requests and expenses, office expenditures, and reimbursements
- Assists in coordinating and processing faculty evaluations, including SOTEs, and annual and periodic reviews
- Perform all activities pertaining to payroll, including collection of payroll vouchers, payroll records, and payroll warrant distribution for faculty, staff, and student assistants
- Provides support for the overall working of the office and customer service
- Coordinates, organizes, prepares various materials, communications, and mailings, and oversees their distribution under direction of the work lead
- Assists in developing and maintaining essential scheduling records, such as monthly School meeting calendar, conference room and other room scheduling; keeping faculty and staff informed of School meetings and deadlines as coordinated with the School Director
- Provides support as required for school meetings, such as preparing presentation materials, taking minutes, arranging catering services, and securing and scheduling AV equipment, etc.
- Assists Administrative Analyst and School Director in preparing schedule of classes, and identifying, requesting, and assigning classrooms via campus scheduling procedures
- Enters the Schedule of Classes into PeopleSoft and process changes or corrections by processing deadlines
- Assists in student enrollment, including the control and issue of course codes, and adding students to classes
- Maintains curriculum file (i.e., syllabi), processes major and minor curriculum forms, and assists in the updates of the campus catalog
- Assists faculty with advising logistics, including use of campus PeopleSoft system to access and utilize student information, including lifting advisement and probation flags, obtaining transcript and grade records for advisors and faculty, changing grades, clearing incompletes, communicating with students, and doing other projects as necessary
- Administer and update databases for emeritus and retired faculty, alumni, key stakeholders, School advisory board members, and current students
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Skilled with budgets, budget worksheets, and financial reports
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures
- Ability working with CMS Data Warehouse & FTS systems
- Skilled in hiring faculty and/or student assistants for special session programs
- Skilled in processing payments for faculty and student assistants, including non-teaching appointments
- Experience in making purchases, processing travel reimbursements, and any other financial transactions related to special session budgets
- Ability to work closely with the Director, including advice and recommendations regarding special session budgets
- Knowledge of and ability to learn professional general business office procedures and practices; English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling. Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports
- Ability to manage and update social media and web sites for the School
- Knowledge of campus procedures, including experience, or ability to learn, (CMS) PeopleSoft campus system
- Ability to use a broad range of technology, systems and packages including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Google applications and programs, FileMaker Pro; database programs
- Skilled in with scheduling classes and making modifications for special session programs
- Knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, database management systems, and web maintenance and design programs
- Strong oral communication skills. Must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined
- Three years of related office work experience
- Experience with Human Resources (HR) or Faculty Affairs (FA)
- Experience in admission procedures especially online admission
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Anticipated Hiring Range: up to $4,375/month
Salary Range: $3,352/month - $5,369/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: April 30, 2021 through May 16, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: April 30, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled