Research CoordinatorUniversity Pay Plan Title:
McCoy College of Business AdministrationRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$4,105.00 - $4,426.00Job Category :
ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and two years of job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including tact, diplomacy, flexibility, collegiality, and consistent customer service.
3. Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
4. Demonstrated ability to find and distill information quickly and interpret complex policies, rules, and guidelines.
5. Demonstrated fiscal and time management skills and attention to detail.
6. Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), Adobe, and databases.
7. Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
1. Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related field.
2. Experience with government and private contracts and grants administration in either a university or non-profit setting.
3. Experience with preparation and review of budgets and proposals for grants and contracts in fiscal grant management and enterprise management systems.
4. Certified Research Administrator (CRA) credential.
5. Extensive knowledge of OMB Circulars A-21 and A-110, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
6. Experience planning events for internal and external stakeholders.
7. Experience with Texas State University Research Programs and systems including SAP and Kuali.
The Research Coordinator will assist in research development and facilitate funding opportunities, partnerships, and resources while liasing with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. This includes coordinating grant proposal reviews and approvals; grant development workshops, training, and other research-related events; team project meetings; and post-award administration. The Research Coordinator also serves as an information and problem-solving resource for faculty and research staff and shares research news with College leadership and the Marketing team. The Research Coordinator will be encouraged to pursue and obtain Certified Research Administrator training.Job Duties:
1. Assist faculty through the grant submission process and coordinate external funding with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.
2. Develop budgets and budget justifications in accordance with university policies, grantor guidelines, and uniform guidance.
3. Review and circulate program announcements or solicitations for new funding opportunities to faculty and research staff.
4. Coordinate funding source searches for faculty and research staff as needed.
5. Prepare advisory and guidance materials for faculty, research staff, and graduate students.
6. Manage electronic records in the proposal management system.
7. Facilitate post-award administration for faculty.
8. Apply University policies and sponsor guidelines to minimize risk and protect the University, faculty, and research staff from liability.
9. Assist with College research events, including symposia, seminars, and workshops.
10. Communicate clearly and professionally with all stakeholders, including sponsors, agencies, faculty, staff, administrators, and other academic units.
11. Provide College leadership with research news content and activity data.
12. Supervise graduate research editor.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Please attach a resume, a list of three professional references, and a cover letter specifying how you meet the required and preferred job qualifications.
Successful applicants will be required to take a
Microsoft Office proficiency test.
04/30/2021Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
05/24/2021Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and list of references to your application.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.