SLEI Research Analyst
SLEI Research Analyst🔍Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States📁Research📅Apr 29, 2021 Post Date📅89358 Requisition #Stanford Graduate School of BusinessResiding in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.The Stanford Graduate School of Business is seeking a Research Analyst to join the Stanford Latino Entrepreneurship Research Initiative. The Research Analyst will conduct research to enhance understanding about the experience of U.S. Latino entrepreneurs to build a foundation of information that policy-makers, non-profits, and entrepreneurs may utilize to better support the growth and success of Latino-owned firms. The successful candidate will have excellent skills in data analysis and statistical computing. He/she will be able to analyze both qualitative and quantitative data and interpret the results through presentations and reports for academic, business, and government audiences. Your primary responsibilities include:
- Drive the design, implementation, and analysis of survey-based research, ensuring it follows university and best-practice research protocols
- Lead efforts to clean the data prior to analysis, and to merge collected survey data with large data sets (i.e. Census, ASE, SBO) to enhance results.
- Interpret, synthesize, and analyze data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Solve problems, and make decisions that affect the direction of the research and result in independent contributions to the overall project.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of a large longitudinal database
- Develop domain expertise about entrepreneurship and diversity
- Co-author reports for external publication
- Conduct professional research presentations.
- Complete project-related administrative and budgetary responsibilities of a limited scope as needed.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
- Graduate degree in an applicable social science related field and five years of applicable experience, or combination of education and relevant experience in an applicable social science. PhD preferred.
- Expert level knowledge and skills in research, particularly related to social sciences.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; excellent judgment.
- Substantial experience and understanding of at least one statistical computing environment, such as R.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with human study participants.
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Command of written and spoken Spanish
- Familiarity with SQL databases, survey tools (Qualtrics), and a programming language.
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen.
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.).
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modeling and mining.
- Interest in entrepreneurship among diverse populations
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4188
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 89358